Can not configure Omnet 5.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.03

Ahmet Emir

Oct 6, 2017, 1:04:11 PM10/6/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello,

I'm new on omnet.I want to install Omnet 5.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.03. I used this link:  http://infotux.blogspot.com.tr/2017/02/how-to-install-simulte-on-debian-based.html. When I configure omnet

I got these errors:

checking for Qt4 with CFLAGS=" -O2 -DNDEBUG=1 -fPIC  -fno-stack-protector" LIBS="-lQtGui -lQtCore -lQtOpenGL"... no

checking for Qt4 with CFLAGS=" -O2 -DNDEBUG=1 -fPIC  -fno-stack-protector -I/mingw32/include/qt4" LIBS="-lQtGui4 -lQtCore4 -lQtOpenGL4"... no

checking for Qt4 with CFLAGS=" -O2 -DNDEBUG=1 -fPIC  -fno-stack-protector" LIBS="-framework QtGui -framework QtCore -framework QtOpenGL"... no

checking for Qt4 with CFLAGS=" -O2 -DNDEBUG=1 -fPIC  -fno-stack-protector " LIBS=""... no

configure: error: Cannot build Qt apps, probably due to missing Qt packages. Make sure Qt development packages are installed. You can disable Qtenv by specifying WITH_QTENV=no in configure.user

But I istalled qt4-qmake before configure. How can I overcome of this problem?

Michael Kirsche

Oct 6, 2017, 6:17:32 PM10/6/17
to OMNeT++ Users
read what the error message says again:
"Make sure Qt development packages are installed. You can disable Qtenv by specifying WITH_QTENV=no in configure.user"
If you did not install QT4 (the QT4 package, not just qmake), you can also disable QT in the configure.user file, rerun ./configure, then make cleanall and then again make to build OMNeT without Qt support.