Announcement: OMNeT++ 5.2.1 release

Varga, András

Dec 12, 2017, 1:04:11 PM12/12/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

We are happy to announce the release of OMNeT++ 5.2.1.  This is a maintenance release that brings minor bug fixes and improvements, especially in Qtenv, and an update to the C++ Development and Launcher chapters of the User Guide. More information can be found in the ChangeLog files in individual source folders.

Enjoy!

The OMNeT++ team

muz ahmad

Jan 22, 2018, 7:15:36 PM1/22/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello thank you for your efforts!

I got this issue, the simulation UI does not pop up.

There's error on the console:

"
User interface 'Qtenv' not found (not linked in or loaded dynamically).
Available ones are:
  Cmdenv : command-line user interface
<!> Error: Could not start user interface 'Qtenv'
End."

with:

Simulation terminated with exit code: 1
Working directory: /Users/muzahmad/omnetpp-5.2.1/samples/tictoc
Command line: tictoc -m -u Qtenv -c General omnetpp.ini
Environment variables:
PATH=/Users/muzahmad/omnetpp-5.2.1/bin::/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/muzahmad/omnetpp-5.2.1/lib::
OMNETPP_IMAGE_PATH=/Users/muzahmad/omnetpp-5.2.1/images

When I run ./configure, it shows:

"Simulation terminated with exit code: 1
Working directory: /Users/muzahmad/omnetpp-5.2.1/samples/tictoc
Command line: tictoc -m -u Qtenv -c General omnetpp.ini
Environment variables:
PATH=/Users/muzahmad/omnetpp-5.2.1/bin::/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/muzahmad/omnetpp-5.2.1/lib::
OMNETPP_IMAGE_PATH=/Users/muzahmad/omnetpp-5.2.1/images
configure: error: Qtenv cannot find qmake -- maybe it is not in the PATH or has some exotic name (tested names were: qmake qmake-qt5 qmake5) - disabling Qtenv. You can try setting the QT_PATH variable in configure.user to a valid location."

How to solve this problem?

Michael Kirsche

Jan 23, 2018, 4:42:36 AM1/23/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Did you follow ALL the installation steps for the Windows version?
Decompress the zip-archive with e.g., 7-Zip.
Start the mingwenv.cmd, let the MinGW installation files be unpacked (only necessary at the first start of mingwenv.cmd), run ./configure, run ./make -j2 (the number should reflect the number of CPU cores available).
And then start the OMNeT++ IDE with ./omnetpp.
My guess is that you did not compile OMNeT correctly.

kuliah...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2018, 1:39:35 AM1/25/18
to OMNeT++ Users
I Had the same issue before, because i turn off the Qtenv feature in installation mode, try to make it On again ( if the cas was like me)

Sam b

Apr 8, 2018, 6:51:37 AM4/8/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello ! Plz, I install castalia in OMNeT++, so i have castalia in terminal but when I open the simulator OMNeT++ the file castalia doesn't exist in part projects Explore

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Apr 9, 2018, 3:39:24 AM4/9/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Check this