Inet framework work on windows vista?...and INetManet..and other?

rosaldinho

Jun 13, 2009, 1:34:20 PM6/13/09
to omnetpp
Sorry, but i have some problems with INET framework...please help me.
what file i must download from the git site ?
i must only import with the IDE...and build it with Ctrl+b...or i must
do something else ?
the somples don't go...

thank you

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 13, 2009, 5:44:51 PM6/13/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I suggest the download section:
http://github.com/inet-framework/inet/downloads
INET-20090325-opp4-src.tgz

Import, build (check if build was successful and the dll file exist), then run

BEWARE of the built in windows unzip utility. Sometimes it leaves out folders from the TGZ files. I would suggest using the "tar xvfz INET-20090325-opp4-src.tgz" command from the mingw command line.

rosaldinho

Jun 13, 2009, 6:26:14 PM6/13/09
to omnetpp
Then, i download the suggest file .tgz, after i unzip it with the
"tar xvfz INET-20090325-opp4-src.tgz" command in the mingv, after i
import it with ide, then ctrl+b but it show me some errors in the
consol. In fact when i try to run the rundemo.bat in examples
directory, it show the Demo Simulation window, but when i click on the
down panel for to run the particular simulation, it show this window
error: Error running the simulation program: couldn't execute "run":
no such file or directory.
If i try to run the particular simulation from the ide...i go in
ezamples directory---ethernet---arptest, after i set the run
configuration of the run.cmd (working directory: /inet/examples/
ethernet/arptest and for the Ini file i choose the .ini of the arptest
directory), when i run, the consol show this:

OMNeT++ Discrete Event Simulation (C) 1992-2008 Andras Varga, OpenSim
Ltd.
Version: 4.0, build: 090310-10709, edition: Academic Public License --
NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE
See the license for distribution terms and warranty disclaimer

End.

<!> Error during startup: Cannot load library 'C:/Users/Giovanna/
Desktop/omnetpp-4.0-src-windows/omnetpp-4.0/samples/inet/src//
libinet.dll': Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato.

Simulation terminated with exit code: 1
Command line: c:\Users\Giovanna\Desktop\omnetpp-4.0-src-windows
\omnetpp-4.0\bin/opp_run.exe -r 0 -n C:/Users/Giovanna/Desktop/
omnetpp-4.0-src-windows/omnetpp-4.0/samples/inet/examples;C:/Users/
Giovanna/Desktop/omnetpp-4.0-src-windows/omnetpp-4.0/samples/inet/src -
l C:/Users/Giovanna/Desktop/omnetpp-4.0-src-windows/omnetpp-4.0/
samples/inet/src/inet C:/Users/Giovanna/Desktop/omnetpp-4.0-src-
windows/omnetpp-4.0/samples/inet/examples/ethernet/arptest/omnetpp.ini

Working directory: C:/Users/Giovanna/Desktop/omnetpp-4.0-src-windows/
omnetpp-4.0/samples/inet/examples/ethernet/arptest

OMNETPP_ROOT=C:/USERS/GIOVANNA/DESKTOP/OMNETPP-4.0-SRC-WINDOWS/
OMNETPP-4.0
PATH=;C:/USERS/GIOVANNA/DESKTOP/OMNETPP-4.0-SRC-WINDOWS/OMNETPP-4.0/
SAMPLES/INET/SRC;C:\USERS\GIOVANNA\DESKTOP\OMNETPP-4.0-SRC-WINDOWS
\OMNETPP-4.0\BIN;C:\USERS\GIOVANNA\DESKTOP\OMNETPP-4.0-SRC-WINDOWS
\OMNETPP-4.0\MSYS\BIN;C:\USERS\GIOVANNA\DESKTOP\OMNETPP-4.0-SRC-WINDOWS
\OMNETPP-4.0\MINGW\BIN;C:/PROGRAM FILES/JAVA/JRE6/BIN/CLIENT;C:/
PROGRAM FILES/JAVA/JRE6/BIN;.;C:\USERS\GIOVANNA\DESKTOP\OMNETPP-4.0-
SRC-WINDOWS\OMNETPP-4.0\MSYS\LOCAL\BIN;C:\USERS\GIOVANNA\DESKTOP
\OMNETPP-4.0-SRC-WINDOWS\OMNETPP-4.0\MINGW\BIN;C:\USERS\GIOVANNA
\DESKTOP\OMNETPP-4.0-SRC-WINDOWS\OMNETPP-4.0\MSYS\BIN;C:\USERS\GIOVANNA
\DESKTOP\OMNETPP-4.0-SRC-WINDOWS\OMNETPP-4.0\BIN;C:\PROGRAM FILES
\MIKTEX 2.7\MIKTEX\BIN;C:\PROGRAM FILES\PC CONNECTIVITY SOLUTION\;C:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM;C:\PROGRAM FILES
\ATI TECHNOLOGIES\ATI.ACE\CORE-STATIC;C:\PROGRAM FILES\AUTODESK
\BACKBURNER\;C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AUTODESK SHARED\;C:\PROGRAM
FILES\QUICKTIME\QTSYSTEM\;C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AHEAD\LIB\
OMNETPP_IMAGE_PATH=C:\USERS\GIOVANNA\DESKTOP\OMNETPP-4.0-SRC-WINDOWS
\OMNETPP-4.0\IMAGES

where i fail ?
please help me
thank you
On 13 Giu, 23:44, Rudolf Hornig <rudolf.hor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I suggest the download section:http://github.com/inet-framework/inet/downloads
> INET-20090325-opp4-src.tgz<http://cloud.github.com/downloads/inet-framework/inet/INET-20090325-o...>
>
> Import, build (check if build was successful and the dll file exist), then
> run
>
> BEWARE of the built in windows unzip utility. Sometimes it leaves out
> folders from the TGZ files. I would suggest using the "tar xvfz
> INET-20090325-opp4-src.tgz<http://cloud.github.com/downloads/inet-framework/inet/INET-20090325-o...>"
> command from the mingw command line.

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 13, 2009, 6:56:15 PM6/13/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 12:26 AM, rosaldinho <rosal...@virgilio.it> wrote:

Then, i download the suggest file .tgz, after  i unzip it with the
"tar xvfz INET-20090325-opp4-src.tgz" command in the mingv, after i
import it with ide, then ctrl+b but it show me some errors in the

If the build stops with an error, don't waste your time trying to run it. It will not.
Solve the build errors first.

rosaldinho

Jun 13, 2009, 7:03:57 PM6/13/09
to omnetpp
If i build the project this is the result on console:

**** Build of configuration gcc-debug for project inet ****

make MODE=debug CONFIGNAME=gcc-debug all
cd src && make
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Users/Giovanna/Desktop/omnetpp-4.0-src-
windows/omnetpp-4.0/samples/inet/src'
g++ -c -gstabs+ -Wall -fno-stack-protector -I/usr/include -
DHAVE_PCAP -DXMLPARSER=libxml -DWITH_PARSIM -DWITH_NETBUILDER -I. -
Iapplications -Iapplications/ethernet -Iapplications/generic -
Iapplications/pingapp -Iapplications/rtpapp -Iapplications/sctpapp -
Iapplications/tcpapp -Iapplications/udpapp -Ibase -Ilinklayer -
Ilinklayer/contract -Ilinklayer/ethernet -Ilinklayer/etherswitch -
Ilinklayer/ext -Ilinklayer/ieee80211 -Ilinklayer/ieee80211/mac -
Ilinklayer/ieee80211/mgmt -Ilinklayer/mf80211 -Ilinklayer/mf80211/
macLayer -Ilinklayer/mf80211/phyLayer -Ilinklayer/mf80211/phyLayer/
decider -Ilinklayer/mf80211/phyLayer/snrEval -Ilinklayer/mfcore -
Ilinklayer/ppp -Ilinklayer/radio -Imobility -Inetworklayer -
Inetworklayer/arp -Inetworklayer/autorouting -Inetworklayer/common -
Inetworklayer/contract -Inetworklayer/extras -Inetworklayer/icmpv6 -
Inetworklayer/ipv4 -Inetworklayer/ipv6 -Inetworklayer/ldp -
Inetworklayer/mpls -Inetworklayer/ospfv2 -Inetworklayer/ospfv2/
interface -Inetworklayer/ospfv2/messagehandler -Inetworklayer/ospfv2/
neighbor -Inetworklayer/ospfv2/router -Inetworklayer/queue -
Inetworklayer/rsvp_te -Inetworklayer/ted -Inodes -Inodes/adhoc -Inodes/
ethernet -Inodes/inet -Inodes/ipv6 -Inodes/mpls -Inodes/wireless -
Itransport -Itransport/contract -Itransport/rtp -Itransport/rtp/
profiles -Itransport/rtp/profiles/avprofile -Itransport/sctp -
Itransport/tcp -Itransport/tcp/flavours -Itransport/tcp/queues -
Itransport/udp -Iutil -Iutil/headerserializers -Iutil/
headerserializers/headers -Iworld -Ic:/Users/Giovanna/Desktop/
omnetpp-4.0-src-windows/omnetpp-4.0/include -o ../out/gcc-debug/src/
linklayer/ext/cSocketRTScheduler.o linklayer/ext/cSocketRTScheduler.cc
linklayer/ext/cSocketRTScheduler.cc: In member function 'virtual void
cSocketRTScheduler::startRun()':
linklayer/ext/cSocketRTScheduler.cc:70: warning: comparison between
signed and unsigned integer expressions
linklayer/ext/cSocketRTScheduler.cc:72: error: 'IP_HDRINCL' was not
declared in this scope
linklayer/ext/cSocketRTScheduler.cc: In member function 'void
cSocketRTScheduler::sendBytes(uint8_t*, size_t, sockaddr*,
socklen_t)':
linklayer/ext/cSocketRTScheduler.cc:321: warning: comparison between
signed and unsigned integer expressions
make[1]: *** [../out/gcc-debug/src/linklayer/ext/cSocketRTScheduler.o]
Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/Giovanna/Desktop/omnetpp-4.0-src-
windows/omnetpp-4.0/samples/inet/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

what it means ?

yclin

Jun 14, 2009, 3:49:43 AM6/14/09
to omnetpp
I added the following pre-processor directives into the file
"linklayer/ext/cSocketRTScheduler.cc":

#if defined(_WIN32) || defined(__WIN32__) || defined(WIN32) ||
defined(__CYGWIN__) || defined(_WIN64)
#include <ws2tcpip.h>
#endif
-------------------------------------
then the error messages you mentioned are disppeared, and the make
process gone to produce the libinet.dll file.
you can try this to see if your process can work?

BTW: althought the libinet.dll can be generated, the examples in INET
are not invoked to perform simulations. It is awful work to let it
work correctly.

yclin

> - 顯示被引用文字 -

rosaldinho

Jun 14, 2009, 9:24:09 AM6/14/09
to omnetpp
i renounce to install the inet framework...i don't know what todo!...
but also if i try to do the steps of the demo (then i create a new
project and in the property i reference one project (open)), when i
write the ned file, on the palette on the right the modules of the
referenced project don't appear...
it's more convenient that i download the precedent version of omnet++,
or i install linux and download the linux version ?
i'm going mad...
help!!!
rudolf help me!!!
it's very important for my degree thesis...i must simulate a new
mechanism of authentication for rtps protocol...
thank you

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 18, 2009, 2:12:23 AM6/18/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I have added a patch to the INET framework master branch to solve this problem on windows.
There is no official TARBALL for it, so you must get it directly from the repository.

click the Download button here: http://github.com/inet-framework/inet/tree/master

or I would rather recommend:

Openthe minge console and

git clone git://github.com/inet-framework/inet.git

in the samples directory (i.e. in your workspace). Of yourse delete the previous version of INET.
(I recommend using the git clone version, because you will be able to track the changes in the development branch and get fixes/patches immediately. You just have to execute "git pull" in the inet directory to get the latest version)

yclin

Jun 18, 2009, 9:51:15 AM6/18/09
to omnetpp
Rudolf,

Thanks for your patch work!!
But, there is still existed one error message in a warnning dialog
window when the rundemo script in inet/examples directory is run in
windows console mode and i selected one of the bottons appeared in
left side of the windows. The error message complains that there is
no ./run in the directory. Can you guide me how to go throught that
problem

On 6月18日, 下午2時12分, Rudolf Hornig <rudolf.hor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have added a patch to the INET framework master branch to solve
> this problem on windows.
> There is no official TARBALL for it, so you must get it directly from the
> repository.
>
> click the Download button here:http://github.com/inet-framework/inet/tree/master
>
> or I would rather recommend:
>
> Openthe minge console and
>
> git clone git://github.com/inet-framework/inet.git
>
> in the samples directory (i.e. in your workspace). Of yourse delete the
> previous version of INET.
> (I recommend using the git clone version, because you will be able to track
> the changes in the development branch and get fixes/patches immediately. You
> just have to execute "git pull" in the inet directory to get the latest
> version)
>
> 2009/6/14 rosaldinho <rosaldi...@virgilio.it>
>
> 閱讀更多 >>- 隱藏被引用文字 -
>
> - 顯示被引用文字 -

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 19, 2009, 4:58:16 AM6/19/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com

2009/6/18 yclin <ycli...@gmail.com>

Rudolf,

Thanks for your patch work!!
But, there is still existed one error message in a warnning dialog
window when the rundemo script in inet/examples directory is run in
windows console mode and i selected one of the bottons appeared in

In windows console? Everything that is omnet related must be run from the
MINGWENV console (a simple windows CMD console wont do). Try that.

left side of the windows. The error message complains that there is
no ./run in the directory. Can you guide me how to go throught that
problem

It ould help a LOT if you could specify WHICH button you have pressed from the 20+ ?
Or is this a problem for all buttons?

yclin

Jun 19, 2009, 10:30:09 AM6/19/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
1. Yes, the operation mentioned is done in a MINGW console window.
2. After pressing <Launch NClients/Telnet...> button in bottom of the
"OMNet++ Demo simulation" window, a warning dialog box shows up and
displays

"Error running the simulation program: counld't execute "run": no
such file or directory inet/nclients"

message within the dialog box. This response happens repeatedly for
every botton of simulation examples.

I think that something wrong exists within the rundemo script file.

Thanks for your attention.
yclin

2009/6/19 Rudolf Hornig <rudolf...@gmail.com>:
--
Yih-Chuan Lin PhD
Associate Professor

Rudolf Hornig

Jun 19, 2009, 10:41:52 AM6/19/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com

2009/6/19 yclin <ycli...@gmail.com>

1. Yes, the operation mentioned is done in a MINGW console window.
2. After pressing <Launch NClients/Telnet...> button in bottom of the
"OMNet++ Demo simulation" window, a warning dialog box shows up and
displays

 "Error running the simulation program: counld't execute "run": no
such file or directory inet/nclients"

Have no idea what is happening. My version just starts fine.
A Question : is there a "run" script in the examples/inet/nclients directory???

In general: you can still run the demos from the command line by changing to the
demo directory ant typing ./run in the MINGWENV console.

yclin

Jun 19, 2009, 10:54:13 AM6/19/09
to omn...@googlegroups.com
In examples/nclients/telnet directory, the "run' script is present and
i can run the demo simulation in the directory using ./run. But now I
am curious why can not invoke that simulation from "OMNet++ demo
simulation" windows ? Maybe I can try other means to discover what
happens in the script. Thanks a lot.

adel....@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2015, 1:05:23 PM11/22/15
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello,
Where can I find INET-20090325-opp4-src.tgz?  The link you gave here isn't valid anymore.
Thanks for your help
Adel