Problems with omnet 5.1 pre 2 in windows.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jan 17, 2017, 10:17:37 AM1/17/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com

I am suffering a very curious problem with the version omnet 5.1 pre 2 and inet in windows 10 and I would like know if somebody is suffering the same problem.

The problem is when you compile the latest version of inet (from github) with the 64 bits clan version included in the distribution.

When the code try to access to a pointer the simulation finish with an error. For example, this line

energySink = dynamic_cast<IEnergySink *>(getModuleByPath(energySinkModule));

throws an error.

If I compile inet with the g++ compiler all run fine, but in this case there is an error in the file sctphdr.h in the line     uint8_t info[];

It is necessary modify this line to         uint8_t info[0];

I want to test this in other computer with windows 10 not going to be a problem of my computer.

Michael Kirsche

Jan 23, 2017, 1:53:24 PM1/23/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Alfonso,

I did a quick test on a Windows 10 64bit installation of OMNeT 5.1 pre2 with the INET Github version.
I can confirm the error in the scenario that you've described, it occurs when I compile INET with clang.

Rudolf Hornig

Jan 26, 2017, 8:57:38 AM1/26/17
to OMNeT++ Users
I will take a look. It's most likely a clang bug? Does it happen with debug or relase build? (or both?)

Michael Kirsche

Jan 26, 2017, 10:54:22 AM1/26/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Simulation/program crashes both in debug and release build!

Michael Kirsche

Feb 7, 2017, 5:33:33 PM2/7/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Another follow-up, I got another error somewhere in the power / modulation code, similar scenario where it only happens under Windows when compiled with Clang.
Under Linux, the error does not occur.
Windows MingGW and Linux both used Clang 3.8.

Rudolf Hornig

Feb 21, 2017, 1:10:20 PM2/21/17
to OMNeT++ Users
The master branch of INET is fixed now and should work with the gcc compiler bundled with OMNET 5.1. Addintionally the clang compiler was removed from the distribution on windows as it is clealy unable to properly compile classes where virtual inheritance is used. So on windows we still stick with gcc until clang matures enough.

We will soon release INET 3.5 and OMNET 5.1RC1