OMNET++ IDE does not launch

Sriram Sankaran

Jun 20, 2017, 6:35:41 AM6/20/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello OMNET++ users,

   I am running OMNET++ on Ubuntu 14.04. My OMNET++ IDE does not launch suddenly. Does anyone know what the reason could be?

   I tried to run omnetpp but it gives the following message "Starting the OMNET++ IDE" and does not launch the IDE.

:~/omnetpp-4.6$ omnetpp
Starting the OMNeT++ IDE...
user@user-Inspiron-N5040:~/omnetpp-4.6$

   I would appreciate if someone can throw light on this.

Thanks

Sheena Moin

Jun 21, 2017, 5:25:32 AM6/21/17
to OMNeT++ Users
May be there is some problem with your eclipse launcher.See whether the eclipse is in the same folder as your omnet ++ IDE .If not do so ,omnett ide will start when u type omnetpp in the terminal.

Sriram Sankaran

Jun 22, 2017, 1:07:27 AM6/22/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks for your reply. Since omnetpp launches the IDE from the ide folder, I tried to launch the IDE by navigating to the ide/ folder but got the following segmentation fault error

:~/omnetpp-4.6/ide$ ./omnetpp
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Can someone shed light on how this can be solved?

I appreciate the help.