Re: [Omnetpp-l] link or node failure

Message has been deleted

Iván Eduardo

Dec 27, 2012, 9:08:10 PM12/27/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi bro,
II have a protocol built by my own, so i need to create some scenarios to test it, and prove its performance and some metrics others. To Achieve this, of course, is necessary to have a failures module for networking.

1. If you want to simulate errors in a logical way, i mean, you just want is running simulations without OMNeT interface, you can try with a simple stack to store all nodes in the network.

2. In other way, if you want simulate errors adding of course, the visual effects the idea is the following:
The shorcut to built this module, i think, is to have a stack for storing all nodes from the network using a external  header with an user defined data types.

I try to explain better, what i mean.

a. Define the header [failures.h]

#include <string>
#include <vector>

struct NodeFailurePrototype
{
       int id;                      //Identifier
       std::string name;    //node name
       int address;            //node address.
       bool failure;            //node fails?
}

typedef NodeFailurePrototype NodeFailureType;
typedef std::vector<NodeFailureType> NodeFailureStack;

NodeFailureStack hNetworkingStack;
NodeFailureType   hNetworkingElement;

b. Create a simple module
In this module you have to use topology class to load all nodes in the network if you are not familiar with it, see http://www.omnetpp.org/doc/omnetpp/manual/usman.html#sec277. Once the nodes were loaded with ctopology, you must use stack defined in the header to load all nodes inside it.

id++;
hNetworkingElement.identifier = id++;
hNetworkingElement.name = "node a";
hNetworkingElement.address = getAncestorPar("address");
hNetworkingElement.fail = false; til this moment all nodes work correctly.

hNetworkingStack.push_back(hNetworkingElement); //to add elements in the stack.

b. In the simple module created, you must scheduled a self message to choose some node in network, the way you will choose in the node depends that you need, i mean, if you need to provoke an error in all nodes you must use a uniform distribution, or whatever probability distribution to do this.

i.e. Supose you have 20 nodes and you need to pick up some node, with schedule message you call uniform distribution routine to do this, imagine the choosen node is 10, then you find it inside the stack and disable it and that's it, you are provoking an error in the network, i mean, in a node.

for each element in stack
{
      if (stack.Element = choosen node)
      {
            disable it.
            hNetworkingElement.fail = false;
      }
}

To reflect the errors in the network using the gui you have to use getDisplayString().

I hope this information can help you.

Best Regards.

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 3:15 AM, Jack <saad.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Guys,
I built a computer network with a certain number of nodes that are working under my private protocol. Each of them sending messages to each other, now I need to simulate a link or a node failure during the simulation running.
Please can tell me how I can do that? or what are the proper commands for that?

Regards,

Saad

NetworkCore.png
routingTable.png

Saad Allawi

Jan 3, 2013, 3:52:30 PM1/3/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks brother for this information!

Regards,
--

Regards,

Saad Allawi NSAIF, PhD Candidate

Ubiquitous & Convergence Lab (UC)

Info. & Communication Eng. Dept.

Myongji University-South Korea

saad.allawi1@Gmail.com

Gayatri Prajapati

Apr 23, 2013, 5:22:14 AM4/23/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hello,
i am Gayatri.i need code of network in which nodes transmits message to each other.please give me your code.i need it.please      please

Saad Allawi

Apr 24, 2013, 12:13:55 PM4/24/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Gayarti,
My code will not help you, I highly recommended you to start reading the following example as I did at the beginning and then I developed it to hit my aim. It is very good and useful example

Gayatri Prajapati

Apr 29, 2013, 1:54:37 AM4/29/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hello. jack,
thanks for reply i need to call a function from .cc file what is syntax for it and how to count stability of node?
Message has been deleted

tanmai patil

May 16, 2014, 7:57:25 AM5/16/14
to omn...@googlegroups.com
hi Ivan,

I am trying to implement Survivability. For that I need to have a link failure.But i am not able to disable a link after extracting topology from NED file.
Whatever you described above is very helpful. But still i am not understanding some part.

If possible kindly help regarding how my problem has to be solved.
any help will be grt.

thanks.

serap bakioglu

Jan 15, 2018, 10:07:22 AM1/15/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Ivan;

I saw your message and added the picture about routing table.
I am studying on the display the routing tables.
Can you explain how you did like that?