send ()/send delayed: Invalid gate Id in Inet

Karthick Subramanian

Jul 31, 2015, 4:03:10 AM7/31/15
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi all,

I have tried to build compound module with UDPApp, UDP, Network Layer, Ethernet ENcapsulation and EtherMACFullDuplex. When I run the simulation it gives me error "..IP send ()/send delayed: Invalid gate Id" I am not sure what the issue is.  The ned connection is as below.

         NetworkLayer.ifOut++ --> etherEncap.upperLayerIn;
        etherEncap.lowerLayerOut --> NetworkLayer.ifIn++;

Kindly help me on fixing the issue.

Thanks,
Karthick

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 31, 2015, 4:26:22 AM7/31/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

It is possible that the routing tables could be erroneous, in this case it is impossible to identify the output gate, you can verify the routing tables in the simulation IDE, there is a module that it is called routingTables

Karthick Subramanian

Jul 31, 2015, 4:48:24 AM7/31/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com

Hi Alfonso,

I do have a routing table in the compound module named "routingTable": I don't feel this is an issue. But to confirm the name should be "routingTable" right. Please let me know if there is any other possiblities of error.
Thanks,
Karthick

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 31, 2015, 5:57:31 AM7/31/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You should check if the information inside the routing table is correct, the entries in the routing table identify the output gate

Karthick Subramanian

Jul 31, 2015, 6:40:35 AM7/31/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Dear Alfonso,

I was looking into the simulation window for the contents of the routing table. I couldn't find the right place to find them. When go(by double click on the icon) in the routingTable it is taking to interface. When click on the fields of routingTable I could only it parameters. Can you please explain me little how to find this table entries. May be this question is silly but I need your help.

Thanks,
Karthick.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 31, 2015, 6:46:22 AM7/31/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

image003.jpg
image004.jpg

Karthick Subramanian

Jul 31, 2015, 7:11:09 AM7/31/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, aari...@hotmail.com
Dear Alfonso,

I have got the result as,
[0] = dest:10.0.0.2  gw:*  mask:255.255.255.255  metric:0 if:ieee8021QPHYPort(10.0.0.1)  DIRECT MANUAL
[1] = dest:10.0.0.0  gw:*  mask:255.255.255.252  metric:20 if:ieee8021QPHYPort(10.0.0.1)  DIRECT IFACENETMASK

Here I dont know how to interpret these routes. But I could see the port name if in the route. There is no information about the EthernetEncap ports. Please provide your inputs if this is right configuration or not.

Thanks,
Karthick
Message has been deleted

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jul 31, 2015, 10:32:20 AM7/31/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com

You need to verify if the name of you interface is correct, the routing table says that the output interface will be the interface with name “ieee8021QPHYPort”

In any case, with the debug you can check, in simulation time, if the values are correct, you can set a breakpoint where the error is throw, in my case, I have breakpoints in every one of the cRuntimeError methods, with this I can stop the simulation and with the stack I can determine in which line of code the error is reported

Aug 1, 2015, 12:49:19 PM8/1/15
to OMNeT++ Users, aari...@hotmail.com
Dear Alfonso,

After looking into the code and the trials by me, I found that network layer wants to send its data to NIC. I have included EthernetEncapsulation, follwed by NIC which is not accepted configuration seems. But why is this not accepted because I am creating a Frame before sending on NIC? Can you please explain this.

Thanks,
Karthick