AP communicating with out of range host

yousef Albader

Apr 18, 2018, 8:45:13 AM4/18/18
to OMNeT++ Users
hello,

im trying to create different wifi network in one simulation, AP1 with host1, AP2 with host 2

for some reason AP1 is sending host 2, even when i reduce radio.transmitter power and communication range

it is still reach

any ideas how to solve this?

Attila Török

Apr 18, 2018, 9:37:49 AM4/18/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello!

The fact that the "red line" reaches the far away modules does not necessarily mean that they successfully "received" the signal represented by it.
At this abstraction/complexity level, the red visualization is just a low-level, technical information, which just shows that the far away node is "notified" about some signal traveling in the medium. And if it is really far away, the node might decide that it "can't even detect" the signal.
This thread might give you some insight: https://github.com/inet-framework/inet-showcases/issues/11

Attila

Hadji

Apr 19, 2018, 10:14:56 AM4/19/18
to OMNeT++ Users
I have same problem brother did you solve or yet?

muhammet talha kakız

Nov 28, 2019, 9:54:01 AM11/28/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello,

I think you can overcome this problem by adding line below to your omnetpp.ini file.

*.radioMedium.rangeFilter = "communicationRange"