ThruputMeteringChannel

tina

Aug 11, 2010, 8:41:36 AM8/11/10
to omnetpp
Hello,

Is there anyone know how to get ThruputMeteringChannel work?

The ThruputMeteringChannel is placed within INET/src/util. However
this function is disabled. It says values get displayed on the link,
using the connection's "t=" display string tag. But even enable the
function and use this as the channelClass within ChannelInstaller.

No labels show up and the channel is not working at all.

Thanks for the help!

Juan-Carlos.M...@sophia.inria.fr

Aug 11, 2010, 8:57:37 AM8/11/10
to omn...@googlegroups.com
http://github.com/jmaureir/Channels

Example:

import channels.MyThroughputMeteringChannel;

external_host.ethg++ <--> MyThroughputMeteringChannel { delay = 100us;
format = "b B"; } <--> router.ethg++;

voila!

tina

Aug 12, 2010, 4:41:48 AM8/12/10
to omnetpp
Hi Juan-Carlos,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I downloaded the source code and place them into inet.src.util. I
didn't use package.ned, but I change the first line of
MyThroughputMeteringChannel.ned to

"package inet.util;
import ned.DatarateChannel;"

Then I run example from /omnetpp/INET/examples/ethernet/lans, just add
"import inet.util.MyThroughputMeteringChannel;" into Network.ned, also
modify last 4 lines as
"switch.ethg[0] <--> MyThroughputMeteringChannel { delay =
100us;format = "b B"; } <--> hostA.ethg;
switch.ethg[1] <--> MyThroughputMeteringChannel { delay =
100us;format = "b B"; } <--> hostB.ethg;
switch.ethg[2] <--> MyThroughputMeteringChannel { delay =
100us;format = "b B"; } <--> hostC.ethg;
switch.ethg[3] <--> MyThroughputMeteringChannel { delay =
100us;format = "b B"; } <--> hostD.ethg; "

It should be able to monitor the link between any channels, i.e host-
host, switch-host, router-host etc.? However I couldn't see the
channel output by this way? Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks again for your help!

On Aug 11, 10:57 pm, Juan-Carlos.Maureira_Br...@sophia.inria.fr wrote:
> http://github.com/jmaureir/Channels
>
> Example:
>
> import channels.MyThroughputMeteringChannel;
>
> external_host.ethg++ <--> MyThroughputMeteringChannel {  delay = 100us;
> format = "b B"; } <--> router.ethg++;
>
> voila!
>

> tina wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > Is there anyone know how to getThruputMeteringChannelwork?
>
> > TheThruputMeteringChannelis placed within INET/src/util. However
> > this function is disabled. It says values get displayed on the link,
> > using the connection's "t=" display string tag. But even enable the
> > function and use this as the channelClass within ChannelInstaller.
>
> > No labels show up and the channel is not working at all.
>
> > Thanks for the help!- Hide quoted text -

Juan-Carlos.M...@sophia.inria.fr

Aug 12, 2010, 5:39:02 AM8/12/10
to omn...@googlegroups.com
the channel record a vector with the data, so check the results and you
should have four vectors for each link: average en both directions and
current bw on each direction.

BTW, the project is intended to be pluged into your project. not to add
the code into your project.. so, if you download the whole project
channels, compile it, and you reference channels from your project,
there is no need to change packages names, and also the integration is
more elegant.. anyway, you did it .

JcM

Andrea Araldo

Oct 30, 2013, 9:32:42 PM10/30/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com, yue.y...@gmail.com
Hi Tina,
I apparently have a similar problem. Did you solve yours?

Thank you

Jay Yoo

Feb 15, 2017, 2:31:15 PM2/15/17
to OMNeT++ Users, yue.y...@gmail.com
Did anyone get this working?  It's been few years and I do hope someone did.  Can anyone post a solution, please?  Thanks.