Error in running INET on OMNET++ 5

mohamed abdel gawad

Aug 12, 2016, 6:20:38 AM8/12/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear All,

I got this error, while I am trying to run wireless tutorial in INET.
I tried to change many things but still I have this error

Do you know How to solve it?

Regards

Pablo

Aug 13, 2016, 4:57:05 AM8/13/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

Try to recompile OMNeT++:

$ make clean; ./configure; make

Regards

mohamed abdel gawad

Aug 13, 2016, 2:05:13 PM8/13/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Acually I did it more than once but still not working.

Fida Hasan

Aug 31, 2016, 1:20:54 AM8/31/16
to OMNeT++ Users
I am having with the same problem last two weeks. It is working fine though at my home but problem is in my office environment.
How to solve this problem?

Can anyone come up with a solution.

I have tried in many different ways, like re-installing, re-configuring, changing the environment parameters etc. But couldn't able to solve the problem...!
Any suggestion please?

Rudolf Hornig

Aug 31, 2016, 12:39:33 PM8/31/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Most likely cause is that you have two installation of OMNeT++ on the machine and your system path may contains one (or both) of it. Once you try to start one it will load DLLs from the other installation as it is earlier in the path.

-> Check your system path and remove everything that is OMNeT++ related.

Generally OMNeT++ never touches anything that is global (including your system path) so you have probably added that PATH element manually sometime in the past.

Fida Hasan

Sep 2, 2016, 4:02:07 AM9/2/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mate,

I have fixed this up in my machine. All you have to change the setting like, click right button on inet folder then Build Configurations->Set Active-> 2. gcc release.
That's all.

But very interestingly this happens to windows 7.

Even with anything unchanged like keeping active gcc debug, it is working fine in my another system which is running in windows 10. I don't know but @Rudolf Hornig may come up with any explanation.
Cheers!