getting error named "cannot access cfg file" when trying to pass the 4th step of starting VEINS

Mehrdad Asadi

Sep 24, 2016, 12:50:01 PM9/24/16
to OMNeT++ Users

Hello.
first of all, how to run sumo.exe file while I am in veinse examole directory?
I just dragged and dropped sumo.exe while I was there but still getting error like this:
please help me out to start my veins simulation tool :) thanks

Christoph Sommer

Sep 26, 2016, 9:41:05 AM9/26/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Mehrdad Asadi wrote:
> first of all, how to run sumo.exe file while I am in veinse examole
> directory?

The Veins tutorial <http://veins.car2x.org/tutorial/> describes a series
of steps to get this working without problems. Please make sure to
follow these steps precisely.

Your screenshot indicates that you are
1) supplying a command line option (--configuration-file) different to
the one in the tutorial
2) execute the command from a directory (examples/) different to the one
in the tutorial
3) after installing SUMO to a path
(omnetpp-5.0-src-windows/bin/sumo.exe) different to the tutorial.

You will need to follow the tutorial steps more closely. Otherwise
things will likely not work.

Best,

Christoph

--