Plotting Vectors Problem

Abdullah Orman

Feb 29, 2012, 5:43:05 PM2/29/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone.

A simulation of 15 seconds: 10500  UDP packet is forwarded to a total of 5 different applications. I would like to plot graphic : queueLength:vector. But there is a problem appearing window. It says' Evaluating the dataset ... has encountered a problem.
"An error occurred during processing dataset. Invalid vector file syntax: missing columns, net ............... vec, offset 273 357"

How can I solve the problem?
Would you suggest another method, just me?
"The R Project for Statistical Computing" Is there a use? Would you recommend? Can solve my problem with the R Project?

Thanks.

Iván Eduardo

Feb 29, 2012, 6:27:48 PM2/29/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi bro.

I have installed omnet 4.2 in both machines. I don't really know what is crashing down with omnet plotting graphic tool, but I already have the same problem, I have tried to graphic throughput with a simple example but it doesn't works. Today morning I was thinking about the problem:

One of my hipothesis is:
rolling back omnet 4.2 to omnet 4.1 cause few moths ago I did the same test and it worked without problems, so, I guess its about the new omnet release.

The second one:
Yesterday I was not able to display the graphics using omnet IDE (running  and compiling) , but instead of compiling the .ned files into IDE, I compiled and ran it in a mingenv.cmd terminal, once it did it. I used omnet IDE to show the results and somehow it was able to display the results.

However there is another problem, when your project shared a library (for example: inet, queueinglib or some library else), I still working in that problem trying to solve that situation.

Best Regards.

P.D. I forgot to tell you I have installed omnet in a windows 64-bits machine, so I have a ubuntu 11.10 distribution too.

Abdullah Orman

Feb 29, 2012, 6:50:49 PM2/29/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick answers.

OMNET4.2.1 on Win7 32bit now and I'm using INET1.99.3. (newest version)

Is the problem the number of packets? (10 500 units)
I will test again, and taking into consideration your suggestions.
I wish you good night.

Andras Varga

Mar 13, 2012, 6:40:09 AM3/13/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com

The thing is, we accidentally messed up seeking in files in the Windows (MinGW) version of OMNeT++ 4.2.1.

See http://dev.omnetpp.org/bugs/view.php?id=547

The bug affects:

- vector plotting in the IDE Analysis Tool

- opening elog files (Sequence Chart tool) in the IDE

- scavetool

All on Windows only.

The above bugtracker entry contains the fix as well. (Otherwise, we'll fix it in 4.2.2.)

Sorry,

Andras

Iván Eduardo

Mar 14, 2012, 2:52:13 AM3/14/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Gooood!!, it works!!!

A lot of Thanks!!

Abdullah Orman

Mar 15, 2012, 2:22:45 AM3/15/12
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Yes. very nice. works.
Thank you.

Athar

Apr 8, 2013, 7:47:11 AM4/8/13
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am encountering the same error in OMNET++ 4.2.2. Should i follow the same procedure as mentioned above?

Please reply.

Best Regards,
Athar