Applications and SCTP associations

Carlo Santos

Jun 28, 2015, 11:37:56 AM6/28/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, inetframew...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Is it possible for an application receive data from different associated networks simultaneously? For example, I want a multimedia stream server to send the streams across all my devices. Will that be possible with INET's SCTP implementation?

Irene Rüngeler

Jun 29, 2015, 10:28:01 AM6/29/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, inetframew...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlo,

if I understand you right, your requirements are possible with the SCTP implementation. You have to configure several apps for the server that connects to the clients. Probably you have to round-robin across the associations and send the same information to the clients.
There is nothing like multicast implemented. In case you need it, it has to be added.

Best regards,

Irene