802.15.4 capture effect

remo mein

May 18, 2018, 9:09:21 AM5/18/18
to OMNeT++ Users
My dear respected OMNeters,

Good day.

I am currently working on Framed Slotted Aloha (FSA) based medium access protocol which i developed from scratch on omnet 5.2.

In theory, FSA should give 36.8% throughput due to its blind transmission strategy. However, my model gives about 40%  throughput for 10 hosts and the throughput increases with the number of hosts which is unacceptable for FSA. My preliminary finding while going through the simulation log is that 802.15.4 narrowband scalar radio implements capture effect which increases the throughput.

My question is how can i disable Ieee802154NarrowbandScalarRadio's capture effect? Hope to get some ideas/nudge in correct direction. Thank you.

Regards,
Murukesan

Florian Kauer

May 23, 2018, 7:01:06 AM5/23/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com, remo mein
Hi Murukesan,
that is a difficult topic. As far as I know OMNeT++ does in fact not
implement the capture effect. Are you sure that all nodes can receive
and sense each others transmission perfectly? If in doubt, put all on
the same spot.

Greetings,
Florian

remo mein

May 26, 2018, 7:35:36 AM5/26/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Florian Kauer,

Good day. Sorry i didn't check this group for some time since busy working with my simulation model. I am sure that all the nodes can hear other transmissions perfectly as i can view it in the log window. Besides, i purposefully positioned them side my side so they can hear each other.

While trying to built the model accurately, i added some new timers which are called through scheduleAt command. Now these timers works perfectly fine when called for the first time, but gives error  when called for the second time. The debug window showed "cancelEvent () : Message is not a self message" as i always check and cancel previous timer before rescheduling it for another time.

Do you have any idea what this is about?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Murukesan