a* algorithm And Dijkstra algorithm

khaled alhasbani

Sep 6, 2017, 7:22:18 AM9/6/17
to OMNeT++ Users
how to use A* algorithm for travelling time and congestion Or   Dijkstra algorithm in omnet 5 simulator

please help me and thunks for all

khaled alhasbani

Sep 10, 2017, 3:23:00 AM9/10/17
to OMNeT++ Users

what is the code for a*
and dijkstra algorithm

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Sep 11, 2017, 6:07:45 AM9/11/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com

This a implementation of the Dijjstra

Dijkstra.cc
Dijkstra.h

serap bakioglu

Sep 27, 2017, 9:04:44 AM9/27/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Profesor;

I am on my PhD study.
And I wanna ask you some questions if it is possible.
generally about network routing algorithms and their some variations on OMNeT++.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Sep 28, 2017, 3:45:50 AM9/28/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com

What questions?

About algorithms or about routing protocols?

serap bakioglu

Sep 28, 2017, 4:31:01 AM9/28/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I wanna learn how to implement different routing algorithms on omnet such as bellman ford?
How can we use Kruskal, Prim algorithms for tree network topolojies?
What about modeling different routers? For example is it possible to use cisco router 8000 series?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Sep 28, 2017, 7:23:18 AM9/28/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Rip implements Belmand Ford. You can use these protocol.

Tree routing algorithms aren’t implemented because no specific multicast protocol is implemented.

You can change the configuration of the router (time processing and similar, number of ports, etc ) but not specific router is implemented.

serap bakioglu

Sep 28, 2017, 8:38:03 AM9/28/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com
What about flow situations ? Can we use ford fulkerson and floyd warshall algoritms for flow problems in network?

And is there any possible way on studying spanning tree algorithms on omnet?

Thank you so much for your quick and useful answers.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Sep 28, 2017, 10:24:28 AM9/28/17
to omn...@googlegroups.com

The maximization of flows aren’t implemented. They aren’t used by any of the actual routing protocols used by IETF, at least that I know.

RPL, OLSR, OSPF, DSR : Dijkstra,

RIP,AODV, DYMO : Belmand-Ford.

MPLS with QoS needs source routing that is Dijkstra.

What about flow situations ? Can we use ford fulkerson and floyd warshall algoritms for flow problems in network?

serap bakioglu

Jan 10, 2018, 3:20:07 PM1/10/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear Alfonzo;

I got an error when studying on rip/SimpleTest.
I have added 3 more routers and did the connections.
But I could not understand. Can you help me please?

28 Eylül 2017 Perşembe 16:24:28 UTC+2 tarihinde Alfonso Ariza Quintana yazdı:
error1.jpg
error2.jpg

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jan 11, 2018, 11:17:36 AM1/11/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Probably you have modified the node model and included other lookback interface. The nodes can only have one lookback interface.

Naveed Jan

Feb 9, 2018, 12:30:09 AM2/9/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Dear  serap bakioglu
I am also on my PhD study and am doing research in wsn. Can you please help me in simulating a simple wsn with a simple routing algorithm.
I need a start at this stage dear...