Which file to extend for customized messages in veins? What is the purpose of AirFrame11p.msg?

aahsan.ms...@seecs.edu.pk

Feb 18, 2018, 6:17:36 AM2/18/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com

I'm new to SUMO, Veins, OMNET++ and simulations with a bit background of networks. I have successfully setup environment and run veins 4.6 demo application. On google found that unlike RSU, Car modules are added on the fly.

In demo example car nodes send Airframe11p message, i'm not getting where this message is being populated because in TraCIDemo11p.cc methods (onWSA, onWSM, handleSelfMsg, handlePositionUpdate) we are dealing with WSM message types and BaseWaveApplLayer::checkAndTrackPacket methods ensures that message being sent is either BSM, WSM or WSA.

In veins\src\veins\modules\messages AirFrame11p.msg file exists but on finding references of "AirFrame11p" in project, matches are found in AirFrame11p_m.h and AirFrame11p_m.cc only. If demo is not using these files then for what purpose these files are added? and from where simulation gets the annotation of AirFrame11p.

I'm trying to simulate a car accident scenario without RSU using V2V communication, have replaced demo map with mine, generated random routes, now trying to remove RSU from demo application and exploring to send customized messages (including geo location, speed, direction, time etc) to nearby vehicles in specified range e.g. 100 meters using WiFi direct.

If i'm confusing something then please guide me. Thanks.