Problem Installing SUMO on mac os x 10.11

Nicole Dai

Oct 2, 2015, 2:57:01 AM10/2/15
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,
I was trying to install SUMO for veins, and if I run the macports command "sudo port install sumo", it gives me an error saying cctools failed to install. I have already tried sudo port clean cctools, sudo port install cctools, and sudo port -f activate cctools, but none of them work. I also tried downloading the sumo-0.12.2-src.tar.gz file and unpacking it and running ./configure, but that gives me an error saying xerces-lib not found, even though xercesc is installed. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thank you so much!

Oliver Sabiniarz

Oct 31, 2015, 2:01:13 PM10/31/15
to OMNeT++ Users
I had the same error, this solved compiling sumo 0.23.0 for me:
export CXXFLAGS="-I/opt/X11/include";
export LDFLAGS="-framework OpenGL -framework GLUT -L/usr/X11/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/Cellar/jpeg/8d/lib -L/usr/local/Cellar/libtiff/4.0.4/lib -lpython2.7";
./configure --with-python --with-xerces-libraries=/usr/local/Cellar/xerces-c/3.1.2/lib;
make -j4;
make install;