How to make the network builder generic to build more networks based on request

SHanan

Feb 15, 2018, 12:37:33 PM2/15/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

I am working on Network Function Virtualization (NFV) project using omnet++. So I have some questions:

 I am trying to implement a module that build a network when a request received. Request holds information about the network name, the nodes.txt / connections.txt files . and after some minutes , I  will receive another request to scale / update the network Or to build another network.

 based on Samples -->  routing -->  builder.  example. I found a network builder that build a networks based on a text file. But I think I am misunderstanding how to implement my project !!!!!!

My questions are:

1- How to make the code generic; which mean (the txt file names will change upon each request); how to pass the filename to .ini? and how for insert each request data into .ini file for each request ?

2) where can I put the requests (initialize or scaling the network) codes ?

3) am I on the correct path to implement my project ? or there are another way to build networks ...

Regards,