neighbor discovery in simple tic toc example

reihane rf

Jun 20, 2016, 8:58:39 AM6/20/16
to OMNeT++ Users

Hi,

Do you have any idea regarding how to do neighbor discovery in simple tic toc example of omnet++? I dont like using very complicated model. what is needed is that each node in tic toc example, detect that through which gate index is connecting to which node and the save them in a table. Thank you,

mento...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2016, 6:55:02 AM6/22/16
to OMNeT++ Users
yes you can find one hop neighbors by broadcasting packet at each node. If you are done with the tic toc example it would be easy for you to make packets and store the node ids in table with one hop count.

Daniel Febrian Sengkey

Jun 22, 2016, 10:30:28 AM6/22/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
I made some simple examples for my students. You can check it at my github https://github.com/danielsengkey/routing

Regards,
Daniel

Sent from Gmail for Android

reihane rf

Jun 25, 2016, 9:06:36 AM6/25/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. Actually my Problem is how to recognize the neighbor after broadcasting packet and then it would be easy to store it in the table. When in tic toc example a packet is broadcast, what is known is just the address of the sender node and gate indexes to broadcast packet, what I don't know is address of neighbor node with one hop distance. I  would be thankful If you advise me on this by one simple example. Thank you,

Daniel Febrian Sengkey

Jun 26, 2016, 6:23:13 AM6/26/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com

1. I use std::map as the table.
2. You can create the mechanism that a node will reply a received hello broadcast. The reply message contains the node ID. A received reply will come through an incoming gate. From there you can build the table. Check my implementation in [1].
3. You can use flooding mechanism to get the n-hops nodes.

Regards,
Daniel

[1] https://github.com/danielsengkey/routing/blob/master/src/e03discovery/NodeSimpleDiscovery.cc