Communication with an RSU in a Veins simulation

Anmol Dalmia

Jun 9, 2015, 5:48:44 AM6/9/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone

I am trying to simulate a scenario in Veins where cars communicate with only RSUs and an RSU communicates only with cars. Since the connections are managed by the ConnectionManager module, is there a way to modify it so that this is realized?
Also, how do I realize addressing in Veins? I mean how do I send messages to a specific node from a specific node in a simulation?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Anmol Dalmia
Summer Research Intern
Technische Universität Chemnitz, Germany

Florian Hagenauer

Jun 9, 2015, 7:15:55 AM6/9/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Veins includes alread an example scenario for RSUs [1]. Working with
this example and building on it, is probably the best way to build a
Car2Car network with RSUs.

Best,
Florian Hagenauer

[1]
https://github.com/sommer/veins/blob/veins/examples/veins/RSUExampleScenario.ned
> --

Florian Hagenauer MSc

University of Paderborn
Department of Computer Science Room: F1 319
Fürstenallee 11 Email: hage...@ccs-labs.org
33102 Paderborn, Germany Web: http://ccs-labs.org/~hagenauer/

Anmol Dalmia

Jun 9, 2015, 8:41:07 AM6/9/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, hage...@ccs-labs.org
Hello Florian

What you say is true, but the given example is more of a broadcasting/flooding of messages to every node in the network whereas I want to implement a very specific type of heterogeneous communication scenario.
If I'm unclear in my description, this symbolic description might help:

RSU <------------------> cars
cars <-------------------> RSU

I wish to implement only these two kinds of connections, none else. I need help in setting up this connection. I upheld the premise that the example given is a very ripe environment to develop RSU scenarios.

Thanks for your reply

Amr Abughazala

Jul 3, 2015, 5:56:35 AM7/3/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com, hage...@ccs-labs.org
It seems that this example about flooding and no routing, not sure if we can add routing to it so that specific RSU can send to specific vehicle. Although it seems that it is made to simulate the effect of buildings on transmission. In order to edit in the functions you can search around in \veins-veins-3.0/src/modules/messages/ which is conclude all the message types used.

This is as far as I know and also trying to find out how to implement my own scenario.

Fariha

Oct 12, 2015, 10:12:34 AM10/12/15
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Anmol,

Are you solved your problem?
Are you able to simulate your scenario now?

Regards.