[omnetpp] Launching parallel simulations using INET Framework

Alberto Núñez

Jun 27, 2008, 4:13:48 AM6/27/08
to omne...@omnetpp.org
Hello all !

I am trying to launch a parallel simulation using the INET Framework.

If I configure the omnetpp.ini with only one partition-id (all modules
in the same partition)
I get the next error message:

Running simulation...

<!> Error: cNullMessageProtocol error: attempt to decrease EOT.

undisposed: (cMessage) nfs_network.client[0].vfsModule.cache.flush-message
undisposed: (cMessage) nfs_network.client[0].vfsModule.cache.latency-message
undisposed: (cMessage) nfs_network.server.bsModule[0].disk.latency-message
undisposed: (cMessage) nfs_network.server.fsModule[0].fs.latency-message

End run of OMNeT++
One of the processes started by mpirun has exited with a nonzero exit
code. This typically indicates that the process finished in error.
If your process did not finish in error, be sure to include a "return
0" or "exit(0)" in your C code before exiting the application.

PID 30835 failed on node n1 (10.255.255.251) with exit status 1.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cRuntimeError*'

If I configure the same network to use 2 partitions, I get the next
error message:

Running simulation...

<!> Error: Error occurred in procId=0: User error: IPAddressResolver:
InterfaceTable not found as submodule `interfaceTable' in host/router
`nfs_network.server'.

undisposed: (cMessage) nfs_network.server.bsModule[0].disk.latency-message
undisposed: (cMessage) nfs_network.server.fsModule[0].fs.latency-message

End run of OMNeT++
One of the processes started by mpirun has exited with a nonzero exit
code. This typically indicates that the process finished in error.
If your process did not finish in error, be sure to include a "return
0" or "exit(0)" in your C code before exiting the application.

PID 32555 failed on node n0 (10.1.1.1) with exit status 1.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cRuntimeError*'

Have somebody performed a parallel simulation using the INET Framework?

I have launched the parallel example in omnetpp (cqn) and it works well.
I think the problem
is in the INET Framework. Maybe I have not configured correctly the
omnetpp.ini...

Thanks in advance.

Alberto Núñez Covarrubias
Computer Architecture, Communications and Systems Area.
Computer Science Department. UNIVERSIDAD CARLOS III DE MADRID
Avda. de la Universidad, 30
28911 Leganés (Madrid), SPAIN
e-mail: anu...@arcos.inf.uc3m.es
anu...@inf.uc3m.es