in veins example I want to broadcast accident msg up to a distance from RSU

neda bagheri

Jul 6, 2015, 2:18:32 AM7/6/15
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hallo

I want to send scheduledAccident broadcast messages from RSU to cars that are located within a specific distance from RSU.

this distance is street's speed multiplied by an alpha(a).

so that I can control the broadcast and get similar results.

can you help me how to do this? or which method do I have to change to get this?

Sofiane Grich

Oct 31, 2015, 12:59:15 PM10/31/15
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,
I have the same issue, so please if anybody have an answer for us, we are grateful.
Thank's.

MRandria

May 8, 2019, 3:30:47 PM5/8/19
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,
I have also the same issue. Could you please help me how to do this ?
- I modified the veins program to take in consideration a new road network (extracted from osm)
- I placed the RSU near the road
- I generated random trips for the cars
- I can launch correctly in omnett, then sumo the omnetpp.ini file
- In the original veins program, the first event comes from the node[0] but I do not find where to modify to trigger the first event from the RSU and also how to change the event (eg: WSA message at point of interest).

Thank you all in advance for the answers.
 Best
Malala

neda bagheri

May 9, 2019, 5:29:02 AM5/9/19
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Malala
I've solved this case 4 years ago I don't have my simulation setup running and I don't remember any of the code anymore. Sorry I can't help here. Success.