Is it available to debug on Omnet++ IDE

장영록

Aug 9, 2016, 9:08:50 AM8/9/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello
Im a new comer to omnet++

I tried to debug omnet++ projects on OMNET++ IDE but i failed to find any ways...
Finally, i've alternatively continued to log and recompile again and again
Is it available to debug on Omnet++ IDE???

Rudolf Hornig

Aug 10, 2016, 5:21:32 AM8/10/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Yes, there is a debug button on the IDE (near he run button) which starts the gdb debugger. It's an other issue that gdb is not on the top regarding functionality. Your best bet is to use it on Linux, macOS has a lot of problem with debugging as there is no recent version of gdb available for macOS.

장영록

Aug 10, 2016, 9:45:59 AM8/10/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks for your reply
Actually, i  already tried clicking the debug button on the IDE but it didn't work.
After installing the recent version gdb and setting it as a debugger, it still didn't work....
As you said, it seems there is some problem for debugging on MacOS

However, I guess there would be another solution...
Isn't there anybody tried debugging on MacOS?

2016년 8월 10일 수요일 오후 6시 21분 32초 UTC+9, Rudolf Hornig 님의 말:

Pablo

Aug 11, 2016, 5:19:55 AM8/11/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Yes. It's possible to debug on Mac OS X. Every OS X version is bit more difficult but I'm debugging with OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

The Omnet++ Install Guide (section 3.3) explain it.

In brief:

1. Install gdb (CAUTION: the command will be ggdb):

$ sudo port install gdb

Check it with:

$ ggdb --version

$ which ggdb

/opt/local/bin/ggdb

2. OS X 10.10 and later requires that you sign the ggdb executable (see install guide)

3. In the OMNeT++ Preferences > C++ > Debug > gdb in the IDE, and change the executable name from gdb to ggdb.

4. In addition, add your user to the "procmod" group:

     $ sudo dseditgroup -o edit -a <youruser> -t user procmod

5. The first time you debug, a dialog ask to you your password.

Regards

Pablo

Message has been deleted