Delay for 80211p on Veins

legj...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2018, 6:03:25 AM4/24/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I have been having trouble on calculating Delay for 802.11p on Veins when i am doing communication between vehicles.

Basically, i am not sure where delay should be calculated on the Veins framework.  I have found some code for calculation of the Propagation Delay in ChannelAccess.cc and have checked previous question like this one https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30818192/calculating-end-to-end-delay-for-simpleserverapp-in-veins-lte/30831800#30831800
But, i am still confused and not sure if i need the delay from SimpleServerApp.

As for my understanding the delay should be calculated in BaseWaveApplLayer since delay should have to do with the beacon interval. What do you think about this ?

If someone can clarify this would really be helpful.

Thanks!

David Eckhoff

Apr 25, 2018, 6:13:15 AM4/25/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
What kind of delay? There are many different latencies, so you might
wish to specify which. If you want time from packet generation to end of
transmission, just stop the time in the MAC Layer from handleUpperMsg
until the PHY notifies the MAC that the packet is transmitted. If you
want delay from sender to receiver, simply transfer any desired
generation time along with the message (as a field in the message for
example) and read it on the application layer of the receiving car.

- david

On 24/4/2018 6:03 PM, legj...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have been having trouble on calculating Delay for 802.11p on Veins
> when i am doing communication between vehicles.
>
> Basically, i am not sure where delay should be calculated on the Veins
> framework.  I have found some code for calculation of the Propagation
> Delay in ChannelAccess.cc but I am not sure if this is what i need.
>
> Have checked previous question like this one
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30818192/calculating-end-to-end-delay-for-simpleserverapp-in-veins-lte/30831800#30831800
> But, i am still confused and not sure if i need the delay from
> SimpleServerApp.
>
> If someone can clarify where in the framework i would need to calculate
> the delay for 802.11p would be really helpful.
>
> Thanks!

legj...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2018, 3:21:48 AM4/27/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi David,

Thanks for your response.
I think  the second that you mention delay from sender to receiver is what I am looking for.
As i found some of your previous answers this is what i did.
Got the delay from simTime() - msg->getCreationTime() at the module when we receive the message.
Values i get are 0.000054..  up to 0.00007.....   Do you think this is a reasonable aproach?

Then when i turn on channel switching  from False to True:
I start getting some other values as well for Delay: 0.03 ....   0,034.
What does (*.**.nic.mac1609_4.useServiceChannel = true)  really do and why do i have more delay.

Thanks!

Houda CHIHI

Apr 27, 2018, 11:58:33 AM4/27/18
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

plz i need a free link to download Matlab 2016 or 2017,

Thanks,