Problems in node acting as sender and receiver in SimuLTE

Antonio Acién

Apr 10, 2018, 5:48:50 AM4/10/18
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello.

I am trying to run a simulation for a project where it would be useful to have LTE nodes in a D2D communications which act both as senders and receivers. I basically took the VoIP D2D simulation an started modifying it. This way, I made an udpApp that joined both behaviors. At the handleMessage method, when a selfMessage from a previous schedule is received, it sends a VoIP message and schedules the next one to send. If the received message is not a selfMessage, it starts processing it as a received VoIP message.

Of course, since the messages can't be sent and received on the same socket (because different ports have to be used), I had to differentiate, so now I declared two UDP sockets: sendSocket and recvSocket. So far, the code compiles, and the simulation runs.

The thing is that the first message of every node in the simulation gets sent, but then... nothing happens. My best guess is that the issue is either a problem in the recvSocket (maybe it is not subscribed or declared in the module, thus when it receives a message, it does not trigger the execution of the handleMessage method), or in the scheduling. It also could be both. But even if the scheduling of future messages to be send didn't work, the nodes should be receiving the messages sent from the other ones.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!
Antonio