LTE TxAngle

Andre Nudel

Aug 31, 2015, 7:56:24 AM8/31/15
to OMNeT++ Users
Folks:
 One more question about simuLTE . I want to understand what is the real model adopted by simuLTE when the antena pattern is set to ANISOTROPIC and TxAngle is set as well.  According to the formula used to calculate the antena attenuation
A(theta) = - min(12 (theta/theta3dB)^2, 25) and is applied to a 3 sector antena. Teta is the angle between the direction of interest and the boresight of antena as show bellow and theta3dB is the angle of 3 dB which is 70 degrees for a 3 sector antenna.

I´m supposing that txAngle is the direction of arrow.

I´m asking because I was in doubt when I set these parameters to ANISOTROPIC and 120 degrees and I have one Ue and eNodeB forming an angle of 43 degrees. The resulting angle informed by the the method that calculates the attenuation gives a result of 25 dB and a difference angle of 163 degrees.

So my question is: shouldn´t the resulting angle be 43 degrees instead of 163  because it is a 3 sector and one sector points to 0 degrees ?

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Giovanni Nardini

Sep 1, 2015, 9:41:10 AM9/1/15
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Andre,

in SimuLTE, an eNB corresponds to one sector.
When you set an eNB as ANISOTROPIC, the txAngle parameter (one per eNB) specifies the direction of the antenna boresight for that eNB (i.e. the direction of the arrow).
If you want to setup the scenario in the figure, you need to deploy 3 "anisotropic" eNBs with txAngle 90 (the down arrow), 210 (the left arrow) and 330 (the right arrow) respectively (angles are measured w.r.t. to the x-axis, in clockwise direction).

Hope this helps.

Giovanni