SimuLte - How to get the current uplink CQI measurement of UEs?

Hui Huang

Jul 30, 2017, 12:41:13 AM7/30/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

I'm using SimuLTE, and I want to implement a the following scenario.

A UE has something to transmit using the uplink, and the transmission decision will be made based on its current uplink CQI measurement such that if the current CQI is higher than some threshold (say CQI > 7), the UE transmit, otherwise it gives up.

So, the question is how can I get the current CQI measurement of the UE (all-band average or sub-band cqi vector)?

Many thanks,
Hui Huang

Antonio Virdis

Aug 2, 2017, 3:46:50 AM8/2/17
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Hui Huang,

I suggest you take a look at the max C/I multiband scheduler, a maximum throughput scheduler that works on a per band basis. You can find it at src/stack/mac/scheduling_modules/LteMaxCiMultiband.cc

@ line 44 you find the following line:
std::vector<Cqi> vect = eNbScheduler_->mac_->getAmc()->readMultiBandCqi(nodeId,direction_);

which simply reads the per-band CQI for the given UE id and direction (UL or DL).
Note that, if you want to have 1 band for each RB, you have to set it via .ini file. You only need to keep the parameters numBands and numRbDl/numRbUl at the same value.
Please find and example below

**.deployer.numRbDl = 6 **.deployer.numRbUl = 6 **.deployer.numBands = 6
 Hope this helps,
BR Antonio