[Omnetpp-l] Can omnet be used to transmit real video sequences?

galaxy-huang

May 18, 2009, 6:56:11 AM5/18/09
to omnetpp-l
hi everyone!
Recently,i am doing some research above streaming over the wireless network,such as cross-layer design.To achieve this i have to masure the distortions between the video seqences before and after transmision.
   So i have to transmit real video seqences rather than virtual ones.Can OMNeT be used to do so? If can,how to achieve this purpose?Could someone tells me about this and recommends me some book or website to refer to?
Thanks in advance!
Guisong Huang

穿越地震带 纪念汶川地震一周年

Ghulam Sarwar

Sep 27, 2016, 10:06:21 PM9/27/16
to OMNeT++ Users, omne...@omnetpp.org, galaxy...@163.com
i have to do a similar task. Did you find the solution....

Please let me know, its very urgent.

2009년 5월 18일 월요일 오후 7시 56분 11초 UTC+9, galaxy-huang 님의 말:

Rudolf Hornig

Oct 4, 2016, 10:27:57 AM10/4/16
to OMNeT++ Users, omne...@omnetpp.org, galaxy...@163.com
Yes, you can configure OMNeT to send byte arrays in packets (instead of sending just the length, but not the actual bytes) YOu can simulate the effect of packet loss/reordering, jitter etc.

There are already similar examples (but for voice) in inet's examples/vopistream. You can do the same for video packets.

Wian Virgi

Oct 4, 2016, 10:39:20 AM10/4/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Do you know that's problem? If you know please help me... That's INET 2.1 in Omnetpp 4.6 version...
IMG_6525.JPG

Ghulam Sarwar

Oct 8, 2016, 3:14:09 AM10/8/16
to OMNeT++ Users
I think, Omnetpp can send only raw data payload....

          ->Videos are encoded..., sending raw data does not have significance....
          -> Packet error delete the whole packet.....

If you have some idea about sending encoded video stream, please let me know....

Thanks

2016년 10월 4일 화요일 오후 11시 39분 20초 UTC+9, Wian Virgi 님의 말: