Plexe Configuration File Error

Samuel Thompson

Oct 9, 2016, 2:33:54 PM10/9/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Guys,

I am just getting started using OMNET++ and Plexe, I am having trouble running the plexe examples, when I try to run the examples, I get an error "VEINS:TraciManagerForker" "configuration file not found" ....Make sure you have set the path correctly. The configuration file is in the directory, and I have also tried using multiple paths to see if i can fix the error with no luck.

./erlangen.sumo.cfg
../veins/erlangen.sumo.cfg
../examples/veins/erlangen.sumo.cfg
veins/erlangen.sumo.cfg
erlangen.sumo.cfg

i have even tried using the absolute path starting from /c/..../erlangen.sumo.cfg with no luck.

This error only comes up when attempting the run the examples in the plexe project. I can run the other examples in OMNET++ just fine, along with the VEINS project example.

I have attached a screenshot of the pop-up.

Just as a note, I am running OMNET++ 5.0 on Windows. Any help is appreciated.

Michele Segata

Oct 10, 2016, 3:36:49 AM10/10/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Dear Samuel,

did you try running the examples from the OMNeT++ IDE or from the
command line? I tested the examples from the command line and there they
were working fine.
In any case, I don't get why you are searching for erlangen.sumo.cfg.
That is not the file that Plexe is searching for. Plexe is searching for
freeway.sumo.cfg, which is located in examples/platooning/sumocfg or in
examples/engine/sumocfg, depending on the example you are trying to run.
Try running the first example from the command line, from the folder
examples/platooning and let me know about the outcome.

Best,
Michele

On 9/10/16 20:33, Samuel Thompson wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am just getting started using OMNET++ and Plexe, I am having trouble
> running the plexe examples, when I try to run the examples, I get an
> error "VEINS:TraciManagerForker" "configuration file not found" ....Make
> sure you have set the path correctly. The configuration file is in the
> directory, and I have also tried using multiple paths to see if i can
> fix the error with no luck.
>
> ./erlangen.sumo.cfg
> ../veins/erlangen.sumo.cfg
> ../examples/veins/erlangen.sumo.cfg
> veins/erlangen.sumo.cfg
> erlangen.sumo.cfg
>
> i have even tried using the absolute path starting from
> /c/..../erlangen.sumo.cfg with no luck.
>
> This error only comes up when attempting the run the examples in the
> plexe project. I can run the other examples in OMNET++ just fine, along
> with the VEINS project example.
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7BfZe-NOPZk/V_qMiHw7JnI/AAAAAAAAAMU/Uu274QfXSwkY7lq7y_7z_4TsgM4lNffYACLcB/s1600/Plexe%2Bcannot%2Bfind%2Bconfig%2Bfile.png>
>

> I have attached a screenshot of the pop-up.
>
> Just as a note, I am running OMNET++ 5.0 on Windows. Any help is
> appreciated.
>
> --

Michele Segata, PhD
Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science
University of Trento, Italy
http://ccs-labs.org/~segata/

Samuel Thompson

Oct 10, 2016, 7:09:55 PM10/10/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Michele,

I just used the the VEINS as an example,

under the plexe examples there are:
examples
 - engine
 - platooning
 - veins

I get the same error whenever I attempt to run them using the "RUN AS" -> OMNET++ Simulation, with the relevant filename, whether its the erlangen.sumo.cfg or sumo/freeway.sumo.cfg. The cannot find configuration file error is thrown.

I have tried running the command from the command line but I run into a similar error message as well. I attempt to run it using the command below:
~/sumo-0.25.0/bin/sumo.exe -c ~/plexe/examples/engine/sumocfg/freeway.sumo.cfg

Michele Segata

Oct 11, 2016, 3:23:53 AM10/11/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Samuel,

well that won't work because you are trying to run sumo instead of
omnet. I suggest you to carefully read the tutorial [1] which says to
navigate with your terminal to the examples/platooning folder and start
plexe-veins via python:

cd ~/src/plexe-veins/examples/platooning
python ../../run -u Cmdenv -c Sinusoidal -r 2

Let me know if this helps
Best,
Michele

[1] http://plexe.car2x.org/tutorial/
> > an email to omnetpp+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>
> > <mailto:omnetpp+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/group/omnetpp>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Samuel Thompson

Oct 11, 2016, 9:35:42 AM10/11/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Michelle,

I posted the wrong command earlier, thanks for pointing that out.

When I attempt to the command: "python ../../run -u Cmdenv -c Sinusoidal -r 2", I get an error saying that ~mingw32/bin/python.exe cannot open "../../run".

Could there be an error with the python setup?

Michele Segata

Oct 12, 2016, 11:53:53 AM10/12/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
First, if you perform a

ls ../../

does "run" appear there?
If it's there, try installing python systemwide, downloading it from the
official python website. If this does not help, the last resort is
trying with the extended launch command, i.e.,

opp_run -l../../src/veins -n../../src/veins;. -u Cmdenv -c Sinusoidal -r 2

Best,
Michele

Minnu

Nov 4, 2016, 9:22:46 AM11/4/16
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi Michele,

I have a quick question - I have installing Plexe on Linux Ubuntu 16.04 and when I try to run the Example using this command -
./run -u Cmdenv -c Sinusoidal -r 2

I get the following error: env: ‘opp_run’: No such file or directory

P.S - I set WITH_QTENV=no in the configure.user file as I was always getting warnings saying that the Qt developement libraries wasn't installed.

Would you please be able to help me out?

Thanks!

Michele Segata

Nov 8, 2016, 10:55:27 AM11/8/16
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

well if opp_run is not found, it means the OMNeT++ bin folder is not in
your PATH. Add it to the PATH in your ~/.bashrc to fix the problem.
Remember to open a new terminal after changing the PATH.

Best,
Michele