Sensor Fusion and 3D Imaging.

Scott Niewohner

Oct 23, 2014, 3:42:49 PM10/23/14
to omg-...@googlegroups.com
I am new to the group and looking for insight and expertise.  I am starting a new company that will be using motion sensors and 3D tracking to perform a specific task.  I have found a module called the Daisy-7 that has open source coding to complete the task, however, I do not have the know how and experience to dig into it and find out if it will work for my needs.  If anyone has any interest in helping me research and implement this project I would love to discuss it further either by email or we can set up a meeting over the or in person

 Also, I do not expect something for nothing, I fully intend on compensating the group or individual/s if we are able to move forward with this project.

Thanks,

Scott Niewohner (Founder)
Dynamic Motion LLC

Loyall, David

Oct 24, 2014, 1:18:52 PM10/24/14
to omg-...@googlegroups.com
> I do not have the know how and experience to dig into it and find out if it will work for my needs.

Do you own one of these sensor platforms and you're trying to get it to spit out numbers?

I think that thing is designed to plug into a FOX G20, which is a little GNU/Linux board from the same vendor. That's not to say that you couldn't use it in isolation, maybe you could. Probably. At that point, you'd be paying for a feature and not using it: compatibility with that FOX G20 board...

But anyway, supposing you have the board and the module, then it would be easy to get the numbers out. The DAISY-7 page has code snippets. Run them on the GNU/Linux board and you'll get numbers back. You'll have technical questions--but those are easy to find answers to because they are specific. "How do I get a shell on this thing?" "How do I save a file on it?" "How do I run a python program?" etc.

Cheers,
--Dave

Scott Niewohner

Nov 3, 2014, 4:36:38 PM11/3/14
to omg-...@googlegroups.com
I do not own any of these components. I am, however, looking for the best way to record and replay the data collected.  If you have any thoughts on how this could be achieved with or without the Daisy 7 I would love to hear what is possible.

Thanks,

Scott N