Fwd: Learn R, Bash & Git: UNL Software Carpentry

Jay Hannah

Jun 19, 2015, 12:06:16 PM6/19/15
to omg-...@googlegroups.com
Thought some people might be interested in this one.  :)

Begin forwarded message:

From: Holland Computing Center <hcc-s...@unl.edu>
Subject: Learn R, Bash & Git: UNL Software Carpentry
Date: June 19, 2015 at 10:58:38 AM CDT
To: Jay <j...@JAYS.NET>

View this email in your browser

Software Carpentry Workshop

July 15-16, 2015 at University of Nebraska - Lincoln

Register Here.
HCC is proud to host a Software Carpentry Workshop on the UNL City Campus.  Topics covered at software carpentry include:

  • Automating tasks using the Unix shell.
  • Software Version Control (Git)
  • Data Analysis in R
Registration is now available.  Space is limited.
When: July 15-16, 8:30AM - 4:30PM (Agenda)
Where: Nebraska Union - Regency Suite
Cost: $20 for NU participant, $40 otherwise.
Register for Software Carpentry @ UNL

What is Software Carpentry?

Software Carpentry is a volunteer organization whose goal is to make scientists more productive, and their work more reliable, by teaching them basic computing skills. Founded in 1998, it runs short, intensive workshops that cover program design, version control, testing, and task automation.

Computing is now an integral part of every aspect of science, but most scientists are never taught how to build, use, validate, and share software well. As a result, many spend hours or days doing things that could be done well in just a few minutes. Our goal is to change that so that scientists can spend less time wrestling with software and more time doing useful research.

This email was sent to j...@JAYS.NET
University of Nebraska - Lincoln · 1101 T St · Lincoln, Ne 68588 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp