Digital History Archive of São Roque (Brazil) is using Omeka

Arquivo São Roque

Aug 19, 2015, 12:41:01 AM8/19/15
to Omeka Dev
Hello,

I would like to present to Omeka group another successful use of the Omeka platform.

The Digital History Archive of São Roque project is digitizing public and private collections in São Roque, São Paulo, Brazil, that contains historically valuable documents such as old photographs, administrative books from the nineteenth century, maps, artwork, newspapers and periodicals, theses and dissertations, video and audio recordings, among others.

I developed a modern and responsive layout and included a number of features, unfortunately none in theme or plugin level, because I had no time to adapt. Anyway, the result was very beautiful and I appreciate the support for the promotion of the project.

Regards,

Arthur Lovisolo
Historian and web developer responsible for the project

John Flatness

Aug 19, 2015, 1:13:33 AM8/19/15
to omek...@googlegroups.com
On 8/19/2015 12:41 AM, Arquivo São Roque wrote:
> Anyway, the result was very beautiful

You're not kidding! This is one of the nicest looking sites I can
remember seeing. It's especially interesting to see something that's
well done and also a big departure from what the "normal" themes look
like. Thanks for sharing!

Arquivo São Roque

Aug 22, 2015, 2:37:20 PM8/22/15
to Omeka Dev
Hello John,

I greatly appreciate your compliments and I'm glad you like it.

I started working with Omeka in 2013 at the Science Museum of the University of São Paulo. Since then I studied the platform and today I can adapt any layout.

This is my first published project, but I've developed other models layouts to implement in Omeka. The implementation takes between one and two months. Here are some models:

To see in English [link]

To see in English [link]

To see in English [link]

To see in English [link]

To read more about the work that I do in the area of ​​virtual collections in Brazil visit the [link]

I also have an international project in progress that will result from my master's research in History at the University of São Paulo. The research is about the Italian writer Pitigrilli (1893-1975) and a multilingual Wordpress platform is already online at http://www.pitigrilli.org/gallery

Once again I appreciate your interest in my work and I am at your disposal to future communications and partnerships.

Regards,

Arthur Lovisolo
Historian and web developer

Jeffrey Sabol

Feb 2, 2016, 4:10:20 PM2/2/16
to Omeka Dev
Hello Author,

Have you posted the code for the www.arquivosaoroque.com.br site anywhere, (on Github) or can you share it here?
The site looks super awesome and I was wondering what theme you started with and the modifications you made.
Thanks,
Jeffrey

Arquivo São Roque

Feb 11, 2016, 7:05:36 AM2/11/16
to Omeka Dev
Hello Jeffrey,

Unfortunately, due to the development time, during the implementation process of the Omeka platform of the Digital History Archive of São Roque project, was not possible to provide the layout for installation by other users.

Our work of advanced customization of the Omeka platform is very meticulous and involves changing parts of the original code of Omeka, which enables both the installation of custom premium layouts as the inclusion of several new features to the platform, according to the requirements of each project.

Later this month we will launch our international hot site and there are all the information about our work of Omeka customization. Once the hot site is online, we will share the link with the Omeka community.

I thank your interest and compliments.