Omeka-S dev list

Franck Dupont

Feb 15, 2016, 9:42:58 AM2/15/16
to Omeka Dev
Hi there,

I begin to look seriously to Omeka-S and I intent to develop a test application based on this platform.

As such, I shall have much questions about Omeka-S to ask on this forum.

Would it not be better ton create an Omeka-S dev list to avoid spamming of current dev list mainly based on Omeka 2.X ?

Thanks.

Franck.

John Flatness

Feb 16, 2016, 12:03:57 PM2/16/16
to Omeka Dev
I think we'll have to make this decision based on relative traffic down the line.

For the time being, I think that omeka-dev is quiet enough that it can support Omeka and Omeka S discussions at the same time. It'd be interesting to see what other subscribers to the list think, though.

-John

Anurag Spatzenegger

Feb 16, 2016, 12:09:13 PM2/16/16
to omek...@googlegroups.com
I am currently only working with Omeka, and Omeka-S is somewhat on the
radar, but that might change in the future. That being said, I don't
mind them being mixed for now, since there is not a whole lot of traffic
on it.

Julian Maurice

Feb 17, 2016, 2:22:40 AM2/17/16
to omek...@googlegroups.com
I would say it's good for separate softwares to have separate homes. It
could help newcoming users not to be confused about the specific
software they are using.
Note that this doesn't apply only to the mailing list. I think it would
be good for Omeka S to have its own website (with its own "add-ons
marketplace") though I understand that may not be the priority while
Omeka S is in its alpha stage.
> --

Julian Maurice <julian....@biblibre.com>
BibLibre

Patrick Murray-John

Feb 22, 2016, 3:24:10 PM2/22/16
to omek...@googlegroups.com
Good point -- that is already a source of confusion on the forums, where
people using omeka.net often post, even though they should really use
omeka.net's help system. Adding S to the mix will surely compound that.

We are working on a redesign of omeka.org to address that and myriad
other issues

Patrick

Gaetan Boisson

Feb 23, 2016, 3:12:16 AM2/23/16
to omek...@googlegroups.com
I have just joined this list last week because i started working on a
omeka-s project (with Julian), i think the two products deserve separate
spaces indeed. (The "plug-in marketplace" is a very good point in my
opinion!)

Just my 2 cents ;)
--
Gaetan Boisson