Omeka symposium livestream

瀏覽次數:125 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

eth...@ucsc.edu

未讀,
2015年5月6日 中午12:16:412015/5/6
收件者:omek...@googlegroups.com、rdeb...@ucsc.edu
Tomorrow, May 7, UC Santa Cruz is hosting an all day symposium: Working with Omeka with a keynote address by Patrick Murray-John (RRCHNM). The event is designed to spark conversation on campus about how Omeka is being used in the library, by researchers, and in the classroom and intends to extend this conversation across the entire UC system.

Beyond that, we hope to engage the entire community of Omeka users and developers by live streaming parts of the day's events. From 9:30 - 1:30 Pacific, the event will be streaming here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ucsc-special-events. If you're interested in checking in and hearing about the kind of work we're doing with Omeka, you can tune in between 10 - 12 for 3 presentations and Q/A. From 1 - 1:30, we will be streaming Patrick Murray-John's keynote, "How Can You Tailor Your Omeka Site, And Why.” You can find more details here.

I hope you'll find some time to join us virtually and/or follow along on twitter: @DH_UCSC and #omekaUCSC.

Sheila

未讀,
2015年5月13日 中午12:13:102015/5/13
收件者:omek...@googlegroups.com、eth...@ucsc.edu、rdeb...@ucsc.edu
Following your symposium last week, I grabbed a bunch of the plugins you've developed, and I'm very impressed with all of the work you've done in the past few months.

One question for you about Getty Suggest. I noticed that 4 different vocabularies are listed, with 2 grayed out--does that mean that those naming authorities are in the works?

Thanks,
Sheila

Ned Henry

未讀,
2015年5月13日 中午12:39:242015/5/13
收件者:omek...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sheila,
Thanks for asking. The greyed out vocabularies are indeed in the works. Getty has been releasing these vocabularies one by one as part of their linked open data efforts, so we were not able to include all of them when we initially built the plugin. One of the two omitted vocabularies has recently been released by Getty. We will be adding support for this vocabulary (the Union List of Artist Names) to the plugin sometime in the next month or two, and will add the remaining vocabulary (CONA) after Getty releases linked open data support for it.

Best,

Ned Henry

Digital Library Developer
UC Santa Cruz

Sheila

未讀,
2015年5月13日 中午12:45:232015/5/13
收件者:omek...@googlegroups.com、eth...@ucsc.edu
Fabulous!

Thanks so much. This is really great work, and important because it offers another carrot for art historians to convince them to use Omeka.

Sheila
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to omeka-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Katie Hannan

未讀,
2016年1月18日 凌晨12:25:042016/1/18
收件者:Omeka Dev、eth...@ucsc.edu
Hi,

I've just installed this plugin to test it out. I've noticed that one of the vocabularies is called "Thesuarus of Geographic Names" but should that perhaps be Thesaurus of Geographic Names?

I've matched up some element sets with vocabularies but when I edit an item record I don't get a vocabulary list to select from.

Cheers,

Katie
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to omeka-dev+...@googlegroups.com.

Ned Henry

未讀,
2016年1月18日 下午1:59:162016/1/18
收件者:omek...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for using the plugin and providing feedback, Katie! We appreciate you pointing out that typo in the vocabulary name, which we'll fix in the next update.
I need a little more information to answer your question about assigned vocabularies. The problem may be mainly that the plugin is unclear about how it is supposed to work. When a vocabulary is assigned to a metadata field, the text box for editing that field still displays as normal. When you type three or more letters into that box, the plugin retrieves a list of auto-completions from the assigned Getty vocabulary. Until the auto-completion list displays, there is currently no other visible indication that this metadata field is different from the others. I understand that this makes it somewhat unclear which metadata fields are assigned to vocabularies and how to use those assignments. The next version of the plugin includes labels to make this functionality much clearer for omeka administrators and content managers.
To test the plugin as it works currently, go to an "Edit Item" or "Add New Item" screen and try typing a few letters into an empty metadata box that is assigned to a Getty Vocabulary. If after several seconds no list of autocompletions is displayed, and you see no error message, then you have indeed identified a bug in the plugin and I will ask you some more questions so that I can find and fix the problem.
Thanks again for your time Katie,
All the best,
Ned

回覆所有人