Missing translation of Item Type Metadata

Daniel Lind

Apr 14, 2014, 9:11:02 AM4/14/14
to omek...@googlegroups.com
I've noticed that the display of the database item type name "Item Type Metadata" is not translated even though you have translated that string in your translation file. I've come to the conclusion that the following change will do the trick. Is it possible to make it a part of next release?

Line 165 in ./application/views/helpers/AllElementTexts.php

From
 $itemTypeElementSetName = $this->_record->getProperty('item_type_name') . ' ' . ElementSet::ITEM_TYPE_NAME;
 $itemTypeElementSetName = $this->_record->getProperty('item_type_name') . ' ' . __(ElementSet::ITEM_TYPE_NAME);

I've tested this in Omeka 2.1.3.

This will translate the string on the following pages:
The public /items/show/ pages
The admin /items/show/ pages

Probably on other pages as well, but these were the pages I've noticed the missing translation.

Kind regards,
Daniel Lind