checkboxes in plugins leading to new plugins

Antonina Panayiotou

Aug 31, 2016, 7:31:28 AM8/31/16
to Omeka Dev
Hello there,
Does anybody know ow to develop checkboxes in plugins. For example there will be a checkbox which by pressing submit it will open a new plugin
Thanks

Jeremy Boggs

Aug 31, 2016, 8:45:39 AM8/31/16
to omek...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonia,

You might want to start here, if you haven’t already:

* http://omeka.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Tutorials/understandingOmeka_Form_Admin.html
* http://omeka.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Tutorials/understandingFormElements.html

Plugin developers are encouraged to build forms by extending the Omeka_Form class. This class extends Zend_Form.

You can see an example in Neatline here:

https://github.com/scholarslab/Neatline/blob/master/forms/Neatline_Form_Exhibit.php#L194-L199

You can see the code for most of Omeka’s forms in its application/forms directory:

https://github.com/omeka/Omeka/tree/master/application/forms

This should go straight to an example that adds a checkbox element to the form.

Am not sure what your experience is with PHP or programming in general, or how far along you are with your plugin. Can try to clarify more if you’d like. I have some better sense of Zend_Form than I used to.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy Boggs

Aug 31, 2016, 8:48:02 AM8/31/16
to omek...@googlegroups.com
My apologies, too, Antonina: My computer’s autocorrect changed your name to something incorrect and I didn’t notice until now.

Best,
Jeremy

Antonina Panayiotou

Sep 2, 2016, 9:19:38 AM9/2/16
to omek...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jeremy,
Thank you a lot!!!! Well my experience with PHP is not and very good... "we 're arguing"
Yeah about my name I know... Anw is there any plugin example that i can see how is it with checkbox? the neatline is a guideline.
Kindly,
P. A.