Delete Page cause error in Exhibitbuilder with Omeka 1.5

nancym

Apr 26, 2012, 10:20:31 AM4/26/12
to Omeka Dev
Hi,
I am reporting this again since we did not get response yet!

We receive an error message when trying to delete a page in a section
in exhibit builder. This happen with Omeka 1.5 and Exhibit builder
installed with it.

Senario,
Create a section, then add couple of pages then start to delete pages,
error message displayed but the page deleted.

I checked the log for errors but nothing reporting there.

it did not happen for each page delete but for some only.

Did any body get similar issue? with new Omeka 1.5

Thanks
Nancy

nancym

Apr 26, 2012, 10:31:37 AM4/26/12
to Omeka Dev
More information:
When I tried to delete a page it ask me two times:
Are you sure you want to delete this page.
every time I say yes but it ask the second time.
then it gave me a message with title error and next line said:

Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs and a check box
next to it. I tried to check it one time then repeat the scenario but
it did not make a difference.

thanks
Nancy

Patrick Murray-John

Apr 26, 2012, 10:37:34 AM4/26/12
to omek...@googlegroups.com
Nancy,

Thanks for pinging us again--sorry for the delay.

Could you say what the error message is?

It's odd to get the confirm dialog twice. That makes me wonder if there
is a javascript problem somewhere.

The "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs" is added by
your browser when multiple dialogs appear quickly.

Patrick

nancym

Apr 27, 2012, 9:38:04 AM4/27/12
to Omeka Dev
Hi Patrick,
thanks for reply.

I got first a confirmation message 2 times. then I got a dialog with

title is "ERROR" under this title I got this message "Prevent this
page from creating additional dialogs"

that is all what I got.

We did fresh installation for omeka 1.5 in a Mac desktop and we still
get the Error but without the message "Prevent this page from creating
additional dialogs"

Nancy

On Apr 26, 10:37 am, Patrick Murray-John <patrickmjc...@gmail.com>

Patrick Murray-John

Apr 27, 2012, 2:39:01 PM4/27/12
to omek...@googlegroups.com
Could I ask what browser you are using?

Thanks,
Patrick

nancym

Apr 27, 2012, 4:09:41 PM4/27/12
to Omeka Dev
Firefox, and safari

On Apr 27, 2:39 pm, Patrick Murray-John <patrickmjc...@gmail.com>

Patrick Murray-John

May 2, 2012, 8:35:28 AM5/2/12
to omek...@googlegroups.com
I'm still not able to reproduce the problem. Have you tried
deactivatating other plugins to see if there's a conflict? Maybe one is
add some unanticipated javascript. That's my best next guess for where
to go.

Patrick

nancym

May 2, 2012, 10:45:27 AM5/2/12
to Omeka Dev
I will try to do this and see if that will help.
thanks
Nancy

On May 2, 8:35 am, Patrick Murray-John <patrickmjc...@gmail.com>