Image derivatives and adding my own.

Adam Cooper

Jun 16, 2016, 12:21:53 AM6/16/16
to Omeka Dev
I'm working on adding additional image derivatives to my institutions Omeka platform and it's turning out to be far more complex then I would have thought.

The derivative types are hard coded in the UI, the File class and the Storage adapter, but not interestingly enough, in the derivative creator class. I had hoped just to be able to add my own types via a plugin to this but the hard coded names/locations in the other places are making things tricky.

I've noticed a PR that was closed that might have address the issue here

My current code, which is not quite yet working but should be soon has involved me adding a File decorator, a new Job and a new Filesystem adapter. As soon as I've got something working I'll post back here with the github link.

Also.
static private $_pathsByType

Is realistically just mad and has made my life more interesting.

Any one tried and/or done this?

Thanks
Adam