Minimum requirements for plugins in Omeka 2.3

Douglas Duhaime

Jun 29, 2016, 1:45:19 PM6/29/16
to Omeka Dev
Hello, is there any documentation for the minimum requirements for plugins in Omeka 2.3? I've been reading around in the latest documentation for some time, but there doesn't seem to be any full plugin tutorial for Omeka 2.x, and looking at the Coins and SimplePages plugins hasn't helped get me started. Is there another place I should look for creating a plugin in Omeka 2.x?

Patrick Murray-John

Jun 29, 2016, 1:52:19 PM6/29/16
to omek...@googlegroups.com
The basic Omeka requirements can serve as the baseline. For creating a plugin you should just aim for those, and try not to use PHP features that are newer than 5.3.2 so that people who are on that version of PHP can still use the plugin.

Patrick

On 06/29/2016 01:45 PM, Douglas Duhaime wrote:
Hello, is there any documentation for the minimum requirements for plugins in Omeka 2.3? I've been reading around in the latest documentation for some time, but there doesn't seem to be any full plugin tutorial for Omeka 2.x, and looking at the Coins and SimplePages plugins hasn't helped get me started. Is there another place I should look for creating a plugin in Omeka 2.x?

Douglas Duhaime

Jun 29, 2016, 1:55:45 PM6/29/16
to Omeka Dev
Thanks Patrick! I was more hoping that your team might be able to guide me to something like the older tutorial that discussed the setup necessary to produce a minimal plugin. Something like that would be phenomenal for helping us newbies get started with Omeka. Is there any chance such a guide exists for Omeka 2?

Patrick Murray-John

Jun 29, 2016, 1:58:07 PM6/29/16
to omek...@googlegroups.com
Sadly, there's not something that quite corresponds to that. There are some guides to what's important in plugins, but currently not a full run through of creating a plugin.

Douglas Duhaime

Jun 29, 2016, 2:00:21 PM6/29/16
to Omeka Dev
Ah, that's what I feared. I'll keep tinkering...

Thanks again for your quick responses!