Security release: Omeka 2.2.1

Patrick Murray-John

Jul 16, 2014, 8:28:53 PM7/16/14
to omek...@googlegroups.com
Hello Omekans!

Today, we released Omeka 2.2.1, a security update for Omeka 2.2. All users should upgrade.

This release closes vulnerabilities to cross-site scripting (XSS) and cross-site request forgery (CSRF) on the admin user forms.

An unrelated fix to the API removes dead links to private collections for non-authenticated users.

Thanks to Gjoko Krstic at the Zero Science Lab for finding and reporting the XSS and CSRF vulnerabilities.

Please see the release notes for more detail.

Thanks, and happy building!
Patrick

Daniel Berthereau

Jul 17, 2014, 9:37:47 AM7/17/14
to omek...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is Omeka 1.5 affected?

Sincerely,
Daniel Berthereau
Infodoc & Knowledge management

John Flatness

Jul 17, 2014, 11:10:08 AM7/17/14
to omek...@googlegroups.com

The XSS hole was in a page that didn't exist in 1.5, so you're fine there.

The CSRF problem affects all prior versions.

R Miller

Feb 17, 2015, 1:30:12 PM2/17/15
to omek...@googlegroups.com
I think a tool like OWASP ZAP which is free would reveal some continuing XSS vulnerabilities.  I am not sure if any of these would be significant but it would be nice to close what automated penetration testing can find.

r miller