Set an item type and its elements load automatically as the default for Item Type Metadata when adding an item

jho...@g.uky.edu

Mar 21, 2014, 11:45:51 AM3/21/14
to omek...@googlegroups.com
The Omeka site I am modifying for other users will just have one Item Type (a new one added to their Omeka CMS). I would like for the workflow to be that after they enter the Dublin Core information, they click the Item Type Metadata tab and the new Item Type auto loads with its elements instead of the user having to select the Item Type from the dropdown first.

I am a web developer with much CMS experience so making this type of functionality "behind the scenes" is easy for me but I did not know if the Omeka admin can already do this (my searching forums and documentation hasn't found anything yet).

Thanks.

jho...@g.uky.edu

Mar 21, 2014, 11:46:58 AM3/21/14
to omek...@googlegroups.com
Meant to add I am using the current version 2 of Omeka.

John Flatness

Mar 21, 2014, 5:16:09 PM3/21/14
to omek...@googlegroups.com
I don't believe that there's anything "out of the box" that would let
you set a default Item Type like that.

-John

jho...@g.uky.edu

Mar 26, 2014, 9:56:50 AM3/26/14