omeka plugin installation

Alazar Baharu

Nov 17, 2014, 2:39:04 AM11/17/14
to omek...@googlegroups.com
hello every one how you doing hope you are doing fine and well and i am new to this forum and i want to ask questions related to omeka plugin installation. we have installed omeka 2.2 version succesfully and we want to install some additional plugins from omekas official plugins site and as the instruction on the documentation says and we have extracted the plugin and uploaded to the omeka/plugins folder and we loged in in to the addmin pannel unfortunetly only three plugins the defasult one only available  but the newly added plugin is not available.i tried to Google and solve the problem but i cant so if any one having an idea on this issue i need help on this. so and idea or support will be helpful for me and thank you for establishing this group discussion forum and letting as asking questions on it.

Alazar Baharu

Nov 18, 2014, 1:26:44 AM11/18/14
to omek...@googlegroups.com
i know this is not the place to ask questions on the operations of omeka i tried to register on omeka forum to ask questions but after filling the form i submitted it and it blocked me by saying your ip is not registered in our database and i found about this Google group then i asked the questions so consider it in this way and please help me on this because i don't find any answer on the internet related to my problem.

Patrick Murray-John

Nov 18, 2014, 8:37:20 AM11/18/14
to omek...@googlegroups.com
Are the plugins not showing up at all, or are they showing up, but with a warning that they are not valid plugins?

In the first case, that means that they have not been uploaded to the correct folder.

In the second case, it could be that they are plugins that only work with Omeka 1.x, not 2.2. You might double-check that on the plugins' download pages.

Patrick

On 11/17/2014 02:39 AM, Alazar Baharu wrote:
hello every one how you doing hope you are doing fine and well and i am new to this forum and i want to ask questions related to omeka plugin installation. we have installed omeka 2.2 version succesfully and we want to install some additional plugins from omekas official plugins site and as the instruction on the documentation says and we have extracted the plugin and uploaded to the omeka/plugins folder and we loged in in to the addmin pannel unfortunetly only three plugins the defasult one only available  but the newly added plugin is not available.i tried to Google and solve the problem but i cant so if any one having an idea on this issue i need help on this. so and idea or support will be helpful for me and thank you for establishing this group discussion forum and letting as asking questions on it.

Anurag Spatzenegger

Nov 18, 2014, 8:55:46 AM11/18/14
to omek...@googlegroups.com
It might also be a permissions issue, in case they have been uploaded to
the correct folder.

All the best,

Anurag

Alazar Baharu

Nov 20, 2014, 1:24:32 AM11/20/14
to omek...@googlegroups.com
hello guys you helped me well and i have found the solution the problem was about permission on the file thank you for your valuable help and advice