'Hacker Hours'

Travis Smith

Aug 9, 2016, 8:27:18 AM8/9/16
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com, omg-...@googlegroups.com
OMG, OMG!Code,

I stumbled across a useful concept today: groups of people who
designate a meet-up spot and certain times of the week for helping each
other on their coding projects. There are a few names for it, one of
which is Hacker Hours.

I thought that maybe OMG!Code could tie into the concept for marketing
purposes.

http://hackerhours.org/
http://chat.hackerhours.org/ (for people who want to set up a chapter)

Another iteration: https://openhack.github.io/

For me out here where there are no coders, I also found an online
version. These folks do the same thing, but with Google Chat. I do
think there is something lost in not meeting face to face, much like
trying to do hardware Maker stuff via video chat. Regardless, enjoy!

https://codebuddies.org/

--
-Travis

GPG Key: BFEB 7E65 04EB 184B A150 2E2C CC11 933F EE27 D86E