Robotics Expo - February 18th - Volunteers Needed

Kevin Fusselman

Jan 14, 2017, 5:45:02 PM1/14/17
to OMG
The Robotics Expo at the Strategic Air Museum is coming up on February 18th.

We need some volunteers to help with the OMG display booth. This is one of our best events all year, and it is a great chance to get out and show off all that is great about OMG. And since we usually have a good number of volunteers in total, working the booth is not a difficult job - it's even, dare I say it, fun! Plus, there are great opportunities to see the robot performances, some of the other booths (with some cool tech/maker stuff), and more.

We need to be setting up the booth at SASM by 8am, so we typically meet at OMG at 7:00am to load up and head down to Ashland. The booth needs to be staffed from 9:00am to 4:00pm, then torn down and brought back to OMG. Admission to the museum is free for booth volunteers, but we do need to have our volunteer list nailed down at least a week in advance

Please respond using the form below, and indicate which "shifts" you might be available.

Kevin Fusselman

Jan 19, 2017, 10:09:30 PM1/19/17
to OMG
We could still use a few more volunteers for this event; We're currently sitting at 4 volunteers, spread throughout the day, and would ideally have 6 or 7 total.

This event isn't "difficult" by any stretch, and is a great way to get involved.  No experience is required, just a desire to spread the joy of Making.

Thanks!

Chris Olson

Jan 20, 2017, 11:50:34 AM1/20/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
The absolutely earliest I can be sure to make it is 1:30 pm.  I can stay and help tear down the booth and bring it back to the space.   If things work out typically, I would be able to make it there by 12:30, but the class I'm taking on the weekend is notorious for running to the end of it's scheduled time when I have someplace I'd like to be, rather than getting out when it normally should.

Chris

PS.  I can bring my self-made electric guitar and a cube3d pro printer as well, and NIcky might be able to get them to the space in the morning, but you'll have to wait for me to get the printer printing ...

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---

Don

Jan 20, 2017, 12:02:24 PM1/20/17
to Kevin Fusselman, OMG

I don't believe I'll be available.  I'm on call that week, and we have a mainframe roll scheduled the night before, and a complete network upgrade on the 18th.

Sent from my Virgin Mobile phone.

On Jan 14, 2017 4:44 PM, Kevin Fusselman <ke...@fusselman.org> wrote:
[...]

Kevin Fusselman

Feb 5, 2017, 11:56:12 AM2/5/17
[...]

Please respond using the form below, and indicate which "shifts" you can help out with!

Eric Kaplan

Feb 7, 2017, 9:40:20 AM2/7/17
to OMG Mailing List
Folks - we still need a few more hands to help out with this fun event.  Lots to see and do - I guarantee you will not be bored.  And there will likely be Girl Scout cookies.

I know several of you have talked about being able to help out, but we really need you to click through the form in Kevin's email below and fill it out.  It makes it a boat-load easier to know who is coming and when.  You don't have to commit to a whole day, and there are opportunities to car pool if you don't want to drive.

Thanks!

Eric J. Kaplan

The Omaha Maker Group - Explore Science, Technology & Art!
Omaha's Original Makerspace

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---

Nate

Feb 7, 2017, 9:51:23 AM2/7/17
to OMG Mailing List
I'll be able to help all day long.

Thanks,

Nate

Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---
Thanks,

Nate
@natodd

Eric Kaplan

Dan Collins

Feb 16, 2017, 12:57:34 PM2/16/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Still need volunteers? I didn't know my schedule until last minute but I can help in the afternoon and with tear down. I'm not worried about the admission.

Eric J. Kaplan

Feb 16, 2017, 2:09:42 PM2/16/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
We would love to have your help. Come on out!

Sent from Eric's iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to omaha-maker-gr...@googlegroups.com.