Hackaday Prize Entry?

Travis Smith

Apr 26, 2016, 12:48:28 AM4/26/16
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
OMG,

According to my email from HAD today, they heard from such far-flung places as Omaha, Nebraska!

So, I'm wondering what the results of your weekend brainstorm were:  when I look at this year's entries to the 2016 HAD prize, I can see Kevin's NESPi at the top of the list.  Any other efforts going on?

In other news, I'm still interested in teleconferencing with you guys if you're ever doing something on a Friday or Saturday afternoon/evening.  Sorry...those are the only times that seem to work for Tokyo time (its as if 10 voices suddenly cried out, "Who is this Travis guy?")

Anyway, I can participate if software contributions are open, but otherwise just call me curious.

Later,

Travis

GPG Key: BFEB 7E65 04EB 184B A150 2E2C CC11 933F EE27 D86E

Dan Linder

Apr 26, 2016, 1:30:15 PM4/26/16
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
I entered the KR1000 contest they had earlier this year.  I won and received one, but never received the email with the links to the "behind the scenes" information (how to use it in the Arduino IDE, packages to use with the integrated WiFi, etc).  A lot of people complained about this, apparently it was pretty spotty being sent out - my MKR1000 just showed up one day without any email or letter in the package.

My idea was to use the MKR1000 to make my old IBM Model-M keyboard USB and BlueTooth (add-on board), and also make it integrated with IFTTT and/or twitter.  Sadly, between trying to get basic programming done on it and then getting "life things" going on, I haven't had time to get back to it. :(

Dan

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---

"If a problem has no solution, it may not be a problem,
  but a fact - not to be solved, but to be coped with
  over time." - Shimon Peres

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    (Who can watch the watchmen?)
    -- from the Satires of Juvenal

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them."
    -- Isaac Asimov (Author)