Almost Totally Annual Faux-Gingerbread Construction Event

Kevin Fusselman

Dec 4, 2016, 6:25:52 PM12/4/16
to OMG
Hey all, just a quick reminder about the Faux-Gingerbread Construction Event we're hosting on December 20th.

It started out called "Gingerbread Houses", but then we ended up in a place where many of the "houses" were hobbit holes, locomotives or pyramids, and everyone was using graham crackers anyhow.

Point is, this event is on December 20th, at OMG's makerspace (8410 K St #5 Omaha, NE), and probably gets started around 7.  The 20th is a regular meeting Tuesday, so there might be a bit of business mixed in with the confectionery, if any exists.

As usual, doors open at 5:30 and the event runs until we're out of frosting or everyone gives up on their construction projects :)  We have several boxes of stale crackers, but participants should generally plan on bringing any building supplies that they might need (minus the mortar/frosting, Dave's graciously volunteered to mix that for us), plus whatever "building waste" might be required to fuel the constructors.

In the past, this has been a VERY popular event, so I'm expecting a large turnout.  See everyone there!

Kevin Fusselman

Dec 17, 2016, 1:16:07 PM12/17/16
to OMG
Just a friendly reminder, the faux-gingerbread construction event is happening THIS TUESDAY at 7pm.  If you have questions, shoot an email to the list or to in...@omahamakergroup.org.

See everyone there!

Nate

Dec 17, 2016, 2:57:05 PM12/17/16
to OMG

Should we bring any space heaters

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---
Thanks,

Nate
@natodd

Kevin Fusselman

Dec 17, 2016, 3:03:06 PM12/17/16
to OMG

Probably not, unless you wish to have toasted Graham crackers... Am I missing something?

Nate

Dec 17, 2016, 3:10:01 PM12/17/16
to OMG

Was there Tuesday during the day... was very cold...

Kevin Fusselman

Dec 17, 2016, 3:16:35 PM12/17/16
to OMG

Yes, heat is turned way down during the day automatically, and only (automatically) turned up during scheduled events. If folks are around during other times, use the thermostat in the printer room to adjust the temperature.

The system is set to turn back down after several hours, so you might need to adjust it multiple times, depending on how long you're around.

Thanks!