"Gingerbread" "House" Event - 12/19/2017

Kevin Fusselman

Dec 2, 2017, 12:25:24 PM12/2/17
to OMG
Hey gang, it's time again for OMG's annual Gingerbread House event.  Note that this event has no actual gingerbread (we use graham crackers) and few, if any, "houses" in the traditional sense.  In the past, we've seen locomotives, hobbit holes and skyscrapers.

This years's event coincides with the regular meeting on December 19th. As usual, doors open around 5:30pm and people are usually around until 9 or 10pm.  The start time is nominally 6pm, but realistically people will arrive and work on their construction whenever on that evening.

Frosting "mortar" and whatever decorations leftover from last year will be provided, but please consider bringing a box of crackers and some things to decorate with.

This is traditionally an "open house" sort of event, with folks bringing friends and family. The holidays are for group gatherings, after all.

Hope to see everyone there!

Kevin Fusselman

Dec 15, 2017, 9:27:04 PM12/15/17
to OMG
Just a friendly reminder, this event is happening this Tuesday evening, December 19th. As usual, doors open around 5:30pm and people are usually around until 9 or 10pm.  The start time is nominally 6pm, but realistically people will arrive and work on their construction whenever on that evening.

Frosting "mortar" and whatever decorations leftover from last year will be provided, but please consider bringing a box of crackers and some things to decorate with.

This is traditionally an "open house" sort of event, with folks bringing friends and family. The holidays are for group gatherings, after all.

Hope to see everyone there!

Dave Thacker

Dec 16, 2017, 4:12:47 PM12/16/17
to omaha-maker-group
I'll be bringing:
  • Graham Crackers (of course!)
  • mini m&m's
  • 4 tubes of decorative frosting
  • Whatever looks festive in the candy aisle
  • cookies (to eat)
See you Tuesday...

Dave

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit the Omaha Maker Group's studio at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha, NE (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC

www.omahamakergroup.org
---

Dave Thacker

Kevin Fusselman

Dec 16, 2017, 7:35:33 PM12/16/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
We have some royal icing mix, but no mixer... in the past, we've had someone bring a stand mixer to expedite things...  Anyone got a mixer loan us this year?

Dave Thacker

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit the Omaha Maker Group's studio at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha, NE (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC

www.omahamakergroup.org
---

Sarah Edwards

Dec 19, 2017, 11:30:10 AM12/19/17
to Omaha Maker Group
Everett and I've got this covered! Do we need anything else to make icing? Just water and powder?

Kevin Fusselman

Dec 19, 2017, 10:36:19 PM12/19/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick thanks to everyone who participated in tonight's event, as well as Sarah and Jeff for helping make it go off without a hitch.

I think a good time was had by all.

Until I get a full post for the website, enjoy this photo.

Eric J. Kaplan

Dec 20, 2017, 10:55:33 AM12/20/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
I’m sorry I missed it - stuck in Houston for a work meeting all week. Looks like a great turnout and another fun event for our books.

Thanks to everyone who helped put this evening together, as well as to everyone who participated. Thanks especially to those who brought guests, at least one of which is our newest member!

Sent from Eric's iPhone

andrew....@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2017, 8:08:01 PM12/21/17
to Omaha Maker Group
If you have time, txrx labs is worth checking out.

https://txrxlabs.org/

Eric J. Kaplan

Dec 21, 2017, 9:00:31 PM12/21/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I typically drop into CreatorSpace when I have time. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time for anything extracurricular this trip.

Sent from Eric's iPhone