Socket storage

Dave Thacker

Apr 3, 2015, 11:10:02 AM4/3/15
to omaha-maker-group
Where did we end up getting the socket storage trays for the new pegboard in back?

DT

--
Dave Thacker
SysAdmin, DBA, Postmaster, Maker, Odd Jobs

James Harr

Apr 4, 2015, 11:19:40 AM4/4/15
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
The socket rails were donations, not sure about where they came from.

If we were purchasing new ones, I'd go for the craftsman socket rails (metal rails w/ plastic handles). They're pretty good and inexpensive. The best setup I've seen so far had separate colors for metric & SAE. The handles had drive sizes on them (1/4, 3/8, 1/2), so it was easy to spot the thing you needed at a glance.

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

2015 Omaha Mini Maker Faire - An event for everyone!
September 19, 2015 - 9a - 5p
Omaha Children's Museum - www.omahamakerfaire.com

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Omaha Maker Group" group.

^[:wq^M

Steve Sanders

Apr 6, 2015, 12:00:47 PM4/6/15
to Omaha Maker Group
I had several from HF that I dropped off, I don't know if they got used or not though.  The HF metal clip ones are junk and not worth your time even if you get them all for free.  The black and gray plastic ones are OK and you can get them in a 3 pack for $3.  I also recommend the craftsman ones though, that's what I ended up using at my place.  They're manufactured by Ullman, and here's the cheapest price I found on them:

They're nice because the rails are all the exact same so you can mix and match the clips as you see fit.  The ones I linked to don't have the plastic handles so I just put a red zip tie on each rail for SAE and a blue one for Metric.  If you want the handles, Sears in-store is the best deal I saw on those.  The spring clips do wear out after heavy use but replacements are cheap.  I picked up some additional rail clips on Amazon.  They sent out way more 3/8" clips than I actually ordered (or could ever use) so if you folks go this route and need additional 3/8" Ullman/Craftsman clips, let me know.