Robotics Expo - Feb 17th

Eric Kaplan

Feb 5, 2018, 1:46:25 PM2/5/18
to OMG Mailing List
Hi folks!

The annual Robotics Expo is coming up on Saturday, February 17th.  That's a week from this Saturday, for those of you keeping score.  It's at the SAC Museum in Ashland.

Setup is 8a-9a, and the event runs 9a-4p.  We need 2-4 people in the booth at any given time.

Please reply back and let me know if you are available to help.  Admission is free for booth volunteers, and you get to see the museum and the robotic competitions.

Hoping you can help!

== Eric ==

Eric J. Kaplan

The Omaha Maker Group - Explore Science, Technology & Art!
Omaha's Original Makerspace

Benjamin Hutcheson

Feb 5, 2018, 2:29:18 PM2/5/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com

I’ll help with load-in and setup, but need to leave around noon.

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit the Omaha Maker Group's studio at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha, NE (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC

www.omahamakergroup.org
---

Eric Kaplan

Feb 5, 2018, 2:43:15 PM2/5/18
to OMG Mailing List
Thanks!

Based on some other conversations, it looks like we have:
     Load-in/Setup/Morning     -     Ben, Patrick Joseph
     Afternoon/Teardown          -     Dave Thacker

Would love to fill some more slots - at least two more for the morning and three for the afternoon.

Thanks!!!

Eric J. Kaplan

The Omaha Maker Group - Explore Science, Technology & Art!
Omaha's Original Makerspace

Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit the Omaha Maker Group's studio at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha, NE (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC

www.omahamakergroup.org
---

Donald D. Cross

Feb 5, 2018, 6:26:44 PM2/5/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com

I finally have a year where I'm not on call during this event.

I can bring my pickup to help with the load-in, and I plan on staying all day so I'll be there for the teardown, too.

Sarah Edwards

Feb 5, 2018, 6:57:05 PM2/5/18
to Omaha Maker Group
I can help in the morning, but have afternoon plans.

Eric J. Kaplan

Feb 5, 2018, 7:43:04 PM2/5/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
That’s great - thanks Sarah and Don!!!

A couple more folks for the afternoon and we’ll be set!

Sent from Eric's iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to omaha-maker-gr...@googlegroups.com.

Dan Collins

Feb 8, 2018, 11:15:24 AM2/8/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
I can do afternoon and teardown and can haul things back to the space as well.

Eric J. Kaplan

Feb 8, 2018, 11:22:22 AM2/8/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic!  Thank you.

Sent from Eric's iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to omaha-maker-gr...@googlegroups.com.

Patrick Joseph

Feb 11, 2018, 1:43:06 PM2/11/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
For the Robotics Expo, what time in the morning do you need us to show up at the museum?
Or, do you need more vehicles for transporting from the space, and what time would that be?

Pat Joseph

Eric J. Kaplan

Feb 11, 2018, 1:49:31 PM2/11/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Meet at the space at 7a. There won’t be a huge amount of stuff, but two or three vehicles will be better than cramming it all in one.

Thanks!

Sent from Eric's iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to omaha-maker-gr...@googlegroups.com.

Jared Wirth

Feb 11, 2018, 2:50:35 PM2/11/18
to OMG Mailing List
Does anyone know the whereabouts of the other vacuum cleaner that was at the space?  I had brought that in while the Oreck wasn't working optimally.

My hope is that it wasn't just tossed away

Jared Wirth

Feb 11, 2018, 6:13:42 PM2/11/18
to OMG Mailing List
Heh, okay.  Well I guess I should have marked that Vacuum somehow.   Hope the Robotics expo is awesome, wish I could be there with you guys.

Patrick Joseph

Feb 14, 2018, 6:38:56 PM2/14/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
I'll be at the space by 7:00 AM.

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 12:49 PM, Eric J. Kaplan <ekap...@gmail.com> wrote:
Meet at the space at 7a. There won’t be a huge amount of stuff, but two or three vehicles will be better than cramming it all in one.

Thanks!

Sent from Eric's iPhone

Marc M

Feb 16, 2018, 10:24:44 PM2/16/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
I guess I finally will have time to attend something with my son. See you guys there!!!

Marc M

Feb 17, 2018, 7:34:17 PM2/17/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Great location for the booth!!!! Good job!!!

Eric J. Kaplan

Feb 17, 2018, 8:45:02 PM2/17/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Marc. And thanks to everyone who gave their time today to put on another great show for OMG! We wouldn’t be what we are today without your help.