Happenings!!!

Eric Kaplan

Jul 14, 2016, 3:37:15 PM7/14/16
to OMG Mailing List
Hi folks!

Don't forget that we have open shop time tonight (Thursday).  Doors will open around 5:30p and be open through the evening.  There are lots of things going on at OMG, including progress on the UNO Food Computer, discussions about solid modeling platforms and software, 3D scanning, BB Tsunami, and even the beginning of the 2017 Power Wheels car.

Next Tuesday (7/19) will be our regularly-scheduled meeting time.  Last week, Jared gave us an update and demonstration of his 3D scanning mastery.  Next week, we have a special guest presenter.  Those of you who went to O Comic Con this past weekend probably saw "Big Ugly" roaming the halls.  The builder, Alex Lees, has been sharing his progress with us on Facebook, and now that he has completed the suit, has agreed to give a presentation about it's construction and development.  This is his first large costume, which he started designing in February.  Alex has a new costume in mind, and will be looking for our expert opinions on how to make it.  If you have any interest in costuming, cosplay, or large-scale modeling, you don't want to miss this!  Doors will open by 5:30, and the meeting will kick off shortly after 7:00p.

See ya' there!

Eric J. Kaplan

The Omaha Maker Group - Explore Science, Technology & Art!
Omaha's Original Makerspace

Jared Wirth

Jul 14, 2016, 9:08:36 PM7/14/16
to OMG Mailing List

Did someone say Cosplay?  Lol.  I am so going to miss this meeting!

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---